🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects that get sent back
Page options
b9ec5574
Community Member

Connects that get sent back

Hi all

Just checking: I sent a proposal for 12 connects and once the job was closed, I got refunded the 12 connects (I didn't get that specific job). Why do only some of them get refunded, and not all others also? (Upwork makes money off connects, so the  answer to this might be obvious) Is that a choice the client makes on his side, or is there a certain amount of proposals that need to be made before 1, in let's say 20, gets refunded?  

Thanks for info 🙂 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

You'll get the connects back if:

• Job closed by the poster
  • Job closed by Upwork (for ToS violation)

Not when the job is expired after no activity for 30 days, or someone get hired.

You might also get some connects back when you got interviewed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yofazza
Community Member

You'll get the connects back if:

• Job closed by the poster
  • Job closed by Upwork (for ToS violation)

Not when the job is expired after no activity for 30 days, or someone get hired.

You might also get some connects back when you got interviewed.

b9ec5574
Community Member

Thanks Radia!

ea78c61c
Community Member

I sent a proposal and after viewing the proposal client sent me an offer and then I accepted the offer. In a nutshell, after applying for a job I get hired. In this scenario won't I get back the connection? because as far my knowladge I will get back the Connects when I win a job after sending a proposal and it happened to me on my last contract. 

No, you do not get your connects back, if you get the job. Why would you? You got the job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members