🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects??
Page options
Apinia R Community Member

Connects

Hi everyone, 

I'm curious if anyone could let me know why some tasks required only 1 connect, but many tasks required 6 connects.

Thank you,

Apinia

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andrea G Community Manager

Hi all,

As a freelancer or agency, you'll use Connects to Submit Proposals and let clients know you're interested in their project. You receive ten free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle and bonuses for some interviews you win. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

To purchase Connects, go to Settings > Membership & Connects and click on the green 'Add More Connects' button. From there, select the amount to buy and click on the 'Buy Connects' button. Please note, that if you have sufficient funds on your Upwork balance, the charge will be applied to your Upwork balance. You can check out this help article to learn about the available Billing Methods.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea

View solution in original post

878 REPLIES 878
Rebecca H Community Member

If I apply for a job and they do not hire me, do I get my connects back? This is so confusing and the tutorial/university was terrrible. It did not explain connects or how to bid or anything about finances. 

Elisa B Community Member

No, you do not get them back.

Jez D Community Member

Hi, so as the title says I was only given 92 credits when I signed up to Upwork Plus, but it states that you're meant to get 100. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jez,

Welcome to Upwork! I checked your account and saw that the Connects had already been added. You can check them here. Upon upgrading your plan, 90 Connects are included with your plan purchase, and 10 are free from Upwork.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Jez D Community Member

Hi Joanna, ah yes I see that now, so 10 of the credits had already been added to my account this month and the 90 were from the signup.

Thanks for letting me know.

Victor S Community Member

I want to report a client that accepted My proposal and invited me to chat with him in another plataform. **Edited for community guidelines** his name, sound like a scam and i need the connects back.

Dominica D Community Member

I have the same issue but cannot find a way to resolve it. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Victor,

In the following cases, these Connects will be returned:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, Connects you used on that proposal will be returned.

If you have applied for a job and it’s no longer available because of a violation or you used Connects on a job proposal that turns out to be fraud, we will return them. In these cases, Connects are credited back to your account for reuse — not for a refund of their cash value. The Connects should be automatically added to your account. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Muhammad A Community Member

Hi,

I submitted a proposal for a job but after an hour the job was deleted and I did not receive connects back. Please check this and send my connects back to me.

Thank you

Mykola A Community Member

Someone else hired. Connects wont be returned.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

If we remove a project’s post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service, the Connects you used on that proposal will be returned. The Connects you used will be automatically added to your account and you can check them under your Connects history. You can read more about it here

~ Joanne
Upwork
Chiara S Community Member

Hi,.

I just subscribed to Freelancer Plus that promised 100 Connects for $20 a month as per the attached screenshot.

I checked my connection history and I was credited +93 Connects only at the time of purchasing the Membership.

Anybody can explain this?

Thanks.

Salakuzzaman M Community Member

Hi Chiara S,

you can see you connect history. Please go there and you can clearly understand where you spend your connect. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Chiara,

Once you upgrade your plan, you are given 100 Connects per month (90 included with your plan purchase, and 10 free from Upwork!). You can check your Connects history for more information, and also, please read this page

~ Joanne
Upwork
Arjohn M Community Member

I'm new to this, and I would like to ask how to get free connects to start working.

Regards,

Arjohn

Waqar U Community Member

Hello Friend Upwor is provide Monthly Billing CYCLE EVERY Monty 

go to your setting and check your Membership & Connects Billing Cycle

waqar uddin
Abdelrahman Z Community Member

Welcome Arjohn,

I think this article might help you as it covers all topics related to connects. Check it out https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Understanding-and-Using-Connects

Best regards,

Abdelrahman Z.

Co-Founder & CTO @ MasaFarms

Ali M Community Member

Active accounts receive 10 free Connects each month. With a Freelancer Plus membership, you’ll get 100 Connects per month (90 included with your plan purchase, and 10 free from us!).

Shima A Community Member

First of all thank you for upwork support team  help all the time. but now after I got the abailable  badge I didn't get the 30 plus connect that I was supposed to get with it and the 40 plus connect that I got a lot was getting lost one by one every day from me in some job. I did not send the proposal. Please solve this problem add 30 connect to my account and tell me why 40 connect every day if you help I will be grateful 

Mykola A Community Member

You can found where it is lost by checking history https://www.upwork.com/nx/plans/connects/history

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Shima,

I checked and it looks like the Connects were already added to your account, and you were also using them to boost your proposals. You can check your Connects history for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Ahmed A Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I created a new account and have not received my 50 free connects yet
Please check my account

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Ahmed,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. If you do not receive your Connects after that time, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here.

~ Luiggi
Ahmed A Community Member

It has been more than 48 hours and I have not received a connects.

And I don't have a payment method to add.

Shima A Community Member

Hello Upwork team I am very glad for your support Thanks lot.

I can get my connect cost back for all the jobs that I have sent proposals but they have not given me any work and are not giving me any work because also why are they not responding nor are they giving me any work on hold it is ten days or so. It will be 15 days what is the solution

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

please help me Because I was sure and qualified to do the said jobs but they didn't give any job which cost me many connections
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members