🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects
Page options
hoverlyn
Community Member

Connects

Why connects didn't refund when the job post is closed or expired? even the client did not hire anyone.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

573 REPLIES 573

Hi Ahad,

Thanks for your message. I checked your Connects History page and we can see that you already received your monthly connects. You should expect to see these awarded on every 17th day of the month.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cad1cb5f
Community Member

Hi everybody, could you tell me how connects works ?

Hi Lino,

Thank you for your message. You can use Connects to reach out and let them know you're interested in their project by applying to their job posts. The number of Connects you need to use varies on every job and some job may not require Connects at all to submitting proposals. Learn more about Connects here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b026ac1f
Community Member

Hi I am savindu pasintha. these days I struggle to get some upwork through some freelancing job for the software development. but its very hard to get because my connects is very less.  so out side the europian region peopls like me, they dont have too much money to spent for the bying connects.so, if you can do some thing for this.

Hi Savindu,

Thank you for posting. I understand your concern. You receive 10 free Connects every month at the beginning of your billing cycle. We will send you a notification in Upwork (notification bell) and an email when you earn free Connects. For more information on how this works, check out our guide here.

I suggest you take a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started. Feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
cba5b04a
Community Member

Hi,

I guess agencies with free plan are supposed to receive 10 free connects every month right? Beacuse I havent received even 1 free connect till now. Could you please check on this?

Hi Krishnan,

Thank you for your message. The Agency Basic plan does not get free monthly Connects.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5480f090
Community Member

Upwork should consider this matter.

Hi Habibor,

Thank you for your follow up message. I will share your suggestions with the relevant team. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
6735bc63
Community Member

How I get Upwork connects.

grendon
Community Member

Hi Ahsan. 

You can buy connects directly. You can go here for that: Membership page 

You could also wait for the cycle to give you the connects for your current membership. 

You can know more about it here: Understanding and using Connects 

Hope that helps. 

27976d7e
Community Member

I don't seem to be getting any free connects anymore? Has the policy on this changed at Upwork?

I lumped a few on 3 jobs that seemed to be advertised for weeks then they disappeared. 

Hi Julian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, there was an update regarding free Connects. 

We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

You may also check this article to see how Connects work now.

~ AJ
Upwork

I don't mean from interviews. I mean the good will credits that are given at the end of the month. 

Hi Julian, 

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that you already received free monthly Connects for your current billing cycle. You can find more information on your Connects History page

You’ll see your monthly free Connects added on your next billing cycle date. Not sure when your billing cycle begins? You can find this date on your “Memberships and Connects” page under User Settings. You’ll also receive an email when your Connects are available for use.

~ Nikola
Upwork
27976d7e
Community Member

Thank you Nikola

I hope I spend them wisely😉

Best regards

27976d7e
Community Member

I don't seem to be getting them. I can't appliy to anything, because I always have only 3 connects. For over a month. Just give a few connects so I can apply for something. Not like they are difficult jobs.

Hi Annie, Its been last couple of months I did not get monthly free conects. My conects are in almost bottom.

Hi Habibor,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you are already receiving monthly Connects on 19th of each month. You can refer to the Connect History page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a6f4b744
Community Member

How Many  Connects need to spend on a proposals I am a new at upwork so i requested to senior please guide me

Hi Hussain,

Thank you for reaching out. The amount of Connects needed to submit a proposal on a job is indicated on the 'submit proposal' page. 

Since you're new to Upwork, let us help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork.
Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanks  It's Realy help me lot So nice of you

2308bbcd
Community Member

hellow, Can I know that how many connects I am received monthly? is it 10 connects?

Yes it’s 10 connects
f0717a60
Community Member

Many people are not responding to freelancer proposal's nor do they are hiring anyone, I saw many clients who did not hire any one in 2 months my proposals were still in pending, I request Upwork community that please reward back those connect to the freelancer after one month of the proposal submission, and also remove such jobs if the client did not hire anyone within 2 weeks, its mean he no longer needs anyone just wasting time and connects of freelancers.

Hi Saima,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. If a client doesn’t hire anyone and closes their job post, any Connects used to submit a proposal will be returned to you. However, if they do not close the job or hire another freelancer/agency, no Connects are returned. To help make sure clients remember to close a job, we regularly reach out to those who have open jobs and encourage them to close the job if they don’t intend to hire. We have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
syed2k21
Community Member

May I know? if anyone invites me will i get any connection for this invitation?

No.

why ??

Hi Md Abu,

Connects are not awarded when you get invited for a job because you did not spend Connects to get invited.

You can learn more about Connects here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e32bef4c
Community Member

I am newly joined upwork, I just alpplied randomly to several jobs. Now I don't have connects to use. What should I do. 

Hi Noorjahan,

Thank you for your message. You can purchase Connects using your Upwork balance or by adding a valid billing method only.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
nahidhasan771
Community Member

Hello Upwork‚ I didn’t received my monthly 10 connects. Please help me. 

Hi Nahid,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that you are already receiving monthly Connects on the 19th of each month. You can refer to the Connect History page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep. Yes‚ I think something is wrong from me.

b1fc45cc
Community Member

Hi..

I applied for some works, but i has been almost 10 days the clients neither hired anybody nor did they cancel the jobs and my connects are just struck out there..

Either remove their jobs or return my connects..

Regatds

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I understand your concern. To help make sure clients remember to close a job, we regularly reach out to those who have open jobs and encourage them to close the job if they don’t intend to hire. We have already ramped up our outreach to clients who post jobs and don’t hire, and are looking into other ways to better ensure these jobs get closed so your Connects are returned in these cases.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a02b0604
Community Member

I got a notification from upwork that I have been refunded 6 connects but when I checked my balance connects were still 0. It's been 2 days and I still haven't received my connects back.

Hi Jagdeep,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your Connects history and found that the Connects were refunded last December 9. You can check your Connects history here.

~ AJ
Upwork
b1fc45cc
Community Member

Hii..

Some clients posted jobs almost 2 weeks before, but neither they hire nor they close the job. How can we get back our connects? Why upwork itself doesn't close such jobs?

Regards

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members