Community Member

Constructive Criticism on my profile

Hello everyone,

Can someone tell me how my profile looks. I'm just curious:

https://www.upwork.com/fl/derrickprimm

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dsmgdesign
Community Member

I like that you talk about what you do for your clients. I would provide some credibility to your profile. Your profile should answer the question "why choose you.".  Be specific. Dig deeper. For example, talk about your experience, or the types of companies you have written for, or the types of projects that you specialize in, or you could talk about other values, qualifications or behavioral skills that may be important to clients. Find your "why."  Also, consider increasing your hourly rate (even if its on one of your profiles). Lower rates suggest to clients that your quality is low. There are alot of US clients who are willing to pay $25 per hour or more for quality work. I'd also consider showing your samples, instead of asking clients to reach out to you. You need to make it as easy as possible for clients to hire you, because it's very easy for them to move on to the next freelancer. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dsmgdesign
Community Member

I like that you talk about what you do for your clients. I would provide some credibility to your profile. Your profile should answer the question "why choose you.".  Be specific. Dig deeper. For example, talk about your experience, or the types of companies you have written for, or the types of projects that you specialize in, or you could talk about other values, qualifications or behavioral skills that may be important to clients. Find your "why."  Also, consider increasing your hourly rate (even if its on one of your profiles). Lower rates suggest to clients that your quality is low. There are alot of US clients who are willing to pay $25 per hour or more for quality work. I'd also consider showing your samples, instead of asking clients to reach out to you. You need to make it as easy as possible for clients to hire you, because it's very easy for them to move on to the next freelancer. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members