🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contacting Clients Outside of Upwork Popup
Page options
5ceef239
Community Member

Contacting Clients Outside of Upwork Popup

Has anyone received the popup about contacting clients outside of Upwork? I just received it and thought it was odd.....maybe it's because of 2023. I been good about this, which is why it stood out.

6 REPLIES 6
aitringo
Community Member

Hi Yousaf, Hope this finds you well!

Yes, it is normal for Upwork to send out pop-ups or reminders if they detect any communication that might be in violation of their terms of service, such as sharing contact information like email addresses or phone numbers outside of the Upwork platform. It is important to note that it could be an error from their algorithm, the reminder is there to ensure that everyone is aware of the guidelines and avoid any potential issues and is for prevention.

So don't worry, it is not a penalty it is just a reminder to be more careful in the future.

However, it is always a good idea to review and familiarize yourself with the Upwork terms of service to ensure that you are following the guidelines and avoid any confusion in the future.

Best of luck on your freelance journey.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Yousaf, 

We recently launched Educational Alert About Scam Risks test and you can check out the product update I linked to learn more about it. Does the alert on the screenshot there looks like the pop up you've received?

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria please provide specific directions as I don't want to click on any unverified pop-ups.

Hi Bharti,

Please click on the link Valeria provided highlighted in green.

~ AJ
Upwork
foraoneservices
Community Member

Yes the pop-up being shown is just the same as the alert on the screenshot, what is one required to do, please provide specific directions as I don't want to click on any unverified pop-ups.

foraoneservices
Community Member

Please provide specific directions as I don't want to click on any unverified pop-ups.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members