🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Dispute
Page options
5320801d
Community Member

Contract Dispute

Hello, 

I am currently having dispute with a client and the client seems to be shady. Before hiring me for the services he was negotaiting for the price with me. Later on he hired me and agreed with my rate. He funded first milestone and approved it, although it was bit delayed, he did not create an issue and approved it. Later on, he insisted me to work on second milestone, before he funded it but I did not do it. Then he funded the second milestone, I submitted the work. 

After a few days, I followed up and then he suddenly without approving the release of fund, ended the contract and requested refund of first milestone. There were no quality issues or anything pointed out by client and he gave me 5 star feedback. 

But he is disputing the amount, so **Edited for Community Guidelines** from Upwork mediation team is handling the issue and she is just responding the client and not me. I did ask for her response, she just ignored my messages. In fact she did not even state the reason for splitting of second milestone amount between me and client. 

So is there any chance if she can give me some proper answer? or any other Mediator can help? I am still waiting before it goes to Arbitration. At least **Edited for Community Guidelines**. could have responded to my last messages. Need some support as a freelancer as we are protected under Payment Protection. 

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members