🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Suspended. Client not replying to me...
Page options
anamarmol
Community Member

Contract Suspended. Client not replying to messages.

Hi, I agreed to do some transcreations with a client (per hour). I had already sent the completed work and the client had received it, but suddenly Upwork has stopped the contract (they say they are investigating a problem with the client's account) and the client is not responding to my messages. 

I am trying to get help or answers via the Upwork support chat, but they only send an automatic message. What should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Ana,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account or billing method, we’ll pause your contract with them. While the contract is paused, you won’t be able to bill that client and should stop any work on the project until the contract is resumed. We’ll let you know if we have paused one of your client’s contracts, and we’ll also let you know when we reactivate the contract. We can’t share the specifics regarding why the contract was paused, due to privacy concerns.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
anamarmol
Community Member

Thank you very much Nikola,

This is the automatic message already sent to me in the chat. I meant what should I do if I had already finished the job.

anamarmol
Community Member

I update the situation:

I have seen on the client's site that he is using my work, but Upwork has terminated the contract and has not paid me anything.

He is supposed to have payment verified and has spent over $2.5K. How can he be scamming me through Upwork and I can't do anything?

When was it suspended? Friday? If so, it was probs for a failed charge. As long as you followed payment protection rules, you'll get paid.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members