🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract ended on its own
Page options
oogloo
Community Member

Contract ended on its own

Hi All - 

I had a contract open and it all ended on its own. Client is telling me that they did not close the contract and they also said Upwork mentioned that escrow will be refunded to them within 7 days. 

When I try to click on the milestones that page doesnt open. Is there a glitch somewhere?

"I'm not sure if I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly or I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"
3 REPLIES 3
759e32fa

Hi Syed Tahir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Fixed-price contracts with money in escrow and no activity for 90 days are considered “dormant,” and the funds in escrow are released to the client hence you'll see a refund request. This prevents money from being held in escrow for too long.

If the work is complete, you can reject the refund request and the client can choose to release the funds to you. If the work is tet to be completed, you can allow the refund to be released to the client and they can create a new contract and fund it again.

Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
oogloo
Community Member

Thank you.

Yes, I have rejected the refund request, however, there is still more work to be done for this contract. Will they contract be reinitiated or client need to create another job and rehire?

"I'm not sure if I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly or I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

Hi Syed,

If you reject the refund request, the client may ask for the work to be completed first. When you reject a refund request, the case is automatically forwarded to our disputes team so they can help you and the client amicably settle the funds for the contract that was ended. Kindly wait for our team to reach out to you regarding this.

Please also check this help article for more information about this process.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members