🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract has ended but the client says it's s...
Page options
karlosdraco
Community Member

Contract has ended but the client says it's still active.

Last night my contract has been ended and messaged my client but he says that he hasn't ended the contract yet and still active on his side my reports overview is not showing anymore and the contract in the timer is gone.

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Karloff: The contract is indeed over.

The client may simply be confused.

Don't argue with him.

As the contract is now over, he can't do anything that affects you. If he continues to ask about the contract status, tell him:

"Thank you for your note. If you have questions about this, you can post your questions here: community.upwork.com"

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Karlos, 

The contract was closed, and a new contract was created because you switched from freelancer to exclusive agency freelancer of your agency. You can find both contracts here.

~ Avery
Upwork
nelson-lim
Community Member

Hi, Avery.

I have similar concerns.
In my job status, I have one that has an "ongoing" status.
However, this has ended and the client has already paid me but I think she forgot to end the contract. What do I do?

Hi Nelson,

Thank you for reaching out. You can end the contract by yourself by going to the contract room, clicking the "..." button and choosing "End Contract." Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
13fecf7d
Community Member

Hello, I have a similar problem. I have received an e-mail saying my contract was finished, but it shows as active on my dashboard, and I tried ending it on my end, but that option does not exist. Please clarify on what I should do, thank you!

Hi Mina,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and noticed that there is no active contract. Feel free to message us with the contract ID if you still see an active contract on your profile.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bbab3e35
Community Member

hello

i would like to help you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members