🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract on hold, Financial account suspended...
Page options
splacyice
Community Member

Contract on hold, Financial account suspended, not getting any response from customer support

Hello, I got a contract yesterday and some minutes after the contract started, I got a message from Upwork that the contract is now on hold.
I checked my profile and I see this little popup saying: 'Financial transactions for (XXXX) have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.'

Right now, I can't withdraw funds and I'm not getting any response from customer support about this issue. Please may I know why my financial account was limited if the fault is from the client and not me??

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Shalome O wrote:

Please may I know why my financial account was limited if the fault is from the client and not me??

Chances are that Upwork are seeing a possible connection between the client and your own account. Can you think of any reason why and how that could be the case? 

There's no connection and I don't know why this was done

On Saturday,  I got a contract from a client and some minutes later, I got a message that the contract is on hold. About 10 minutes later, I got this error message on my account: "Financial transactions for XXX have been limited. Please, check your email or contact support".

I've contacted the trust and safety team since Saturday but up till now, I have not received any response. I tried contacting CS through Live Chat but they keep asking me to refer to the previous mail which doesn't help as it just looks like a copy and paste message

I have other contracts and funds in my account without the ability to withdraw that money. And I believe you guys know that we all do this for a living and actually need that money to survive, you know and I have no idea how long this investigation thingy will take. Has anyone seen this problem solved before? How long can it take? 

P.S. I've seen quite an amount of negative feedback towards Upwork but never got it why people don't like the system. However, now I'm starting to understand the situation.

Please I need help.
Thanks

Hi Shalome,

Rest assured, our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further directly on your ticket. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,
Please how long is this going to take?

Also, Am I to go ahead and cancel the said contract?

PradeepH

Hi Shalome,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I see that the relevant team has already notified you about the action via a support ticket here and you are already communicating with them. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members