🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract paused, should I end it?
Page options
melissasage
Community Member

Contract paused, should I end it?

I had a client pause a contract in April 2020. I reached out to her earlier this week to see if she had any more work or wanted to end the contract. I have not heard bck. Should I end the contract myself? Pros/cons to doing that?

5 REPLIES 5
sevenworld
Community Member

Hi Melissa,

I can understand your concern about the paused job.I believe you tried a few times to reconnect with your client.
I believe there's no issue to end the contract which is paused for so long and the client is not responsive.
Also recently Upwork changes the JSS system so if there's no feedback from your client, it will not affect your JSS.
However, you may not get any positive impression on your JSS as well.

Since April?
That is a LONG time ago.

The client obviously doesn't need you to work on her project right now.

If it was me, I would just close the contract myself.

Thank you. I'm still new to this and learning. I'll close it. 

My first Upwork job began 9/17/20 and it was paused today by the client.   They did let me know this would be coming and that they should be starting up again after the holidays.  

I have no feedback since this is my first position.  The client offered to close, leave feedback, and would rehire when things started up again; or leave paused.  What do I do?   I could really use the feedback and we may be talking 6-8 weeks before rehire.  Your wisdom is appreciated.  

petra_r
Community Member

Dominique H wrote:

The client offered to close, leave feedback, and would rehire when things started up again; or leave paused.  What do I do?

I'd go for the "end contract and rehire" option. 

Much can happen in 6 to 8 weeks.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members