🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract with close people. Please help, to u...
Page options
lilitlyolik
Community Member

Contract with close people. Please help, to understand Can I be blocked?

Hi, 

I have one question. 

My brother is developer and he going to create website with his friend , they want me make design for website  and want to pay me via UpWork. 

So they are  going to make hourly rate contract , and they don't want to work with other designers. 

But I don't sure, may I be blocked for this  kind of contract ? 

Thank you in advance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try raising your prices, or at least don't bid on jobs with obnoxious titles like, "I need a logo and I won't pay more than $5." Cheap clients tend to be the worst clients.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is not appropriate for you to set up an Upwork contract with close friends or relatives. Those people can pay you directly.

What you are talking about... it could indeed prompt close scrutiny and even suspension.

What if close person is not in same Country?
Surez I don't think this good idea, and mostly I'm going to do all for free when will find a time. But their company is in Emirates and they wanted to work and pay via UpWork. But sure it can look like some fake project, so thank you. I just wanted be sure.
petra_r
Community Member

Lilit P wrote:

My brother is developer and he going to create website with his friend , they want me make design for website  and want to pay me via UpWork. 

Come on.... Why in the world would they? Does your brother really dislike you that much that he wants you to earn less money by hiring you via a website that takes a hefty fee, rather than directly?

Lilit P wrote:

But sure it can look like some fake project,

Well, of course it would look like it, because ultimately, that's what it would be.

OK. you are right . Thank you. 

Just was interesting. If I use UpWork and UpWork get 20% from my project, sure I get good feedback. It will be some show. But you can understand the roots of my question. When you get first bad experience with some client, then you lost your raiting . Sure must just work with some custom clients. but 1 person react after 100 proposals when you are not Top, so... 

Any way , thank you. I was sure about this answer. I just think that, in the future I must think 5 times befor answer to offer by some client who still haven't any review...  

Try raising your prices, or at least don't bid on jobs with obnoxious titles like, "I need a logo and I won't pay more than $5." Cheap clients tend to be the worst clients.

Yes, thanks a lot. I'm going to be more careful in the future. Just need to return my good JSS. I registred here few month ago, in 2 month received Rising Talent, then Top Rated with 100% JSS, then lost it , because client asked for free work and wanted unrealistic results during 6 hours... I'm going be more careful when start working with someone. Thanks a lot.

Lilit P wrote:
Yes, thanks a lot. I'm going to be more careful in the future. Just need to return my good JSS. I registred here few month ago, in 2 month received Rising Talent, then Top Rated with 100% JSS, then lost it , because client asked for free work and wanted unrealistic results during 6 hours... I'm going be more careful when start working with someone. Thanks a lot.

89% is fine, and you've got lots of good reviews. Other freelancers have battled their way back from worse situations than that. Don't do anything that will make you lose your account.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members