Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contracts and invoices

mrentoumis
Meletios R Member Since: Dec 20, 2015
1 of 4

Hello Guys,

I am definitely new here. I would like some thing clarified for me since I could not get a straight answer through the forum.

When making a job offer and it is being accepted by the client. What happens then? 

a. Do we make a contract based on the fixed price? (IS THIS A MUST DO or applies only in case the client is a company? What happens when the client is an individual? ). Does this fixed price, mentioned inside the contract, contains upwork fee?

b. In case of hourly rate, what is the value mentioned in contract? Is there any sample available that I can see?

I am from Greece and here when you get a job you have to submit the contract to the TAXation office.

How do I create the invoice for the client after the job is done? Does this price include VAT?

Thank you very much for your time. 

BR, Meletios.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Meletios,

Welcome to Upwork.

If a client accepts your proposal and responds to it, the proposal will be listed in the "Active Candidacies" section of your Proposals page. You then need to discuss the project scope, requirements and contract terms with the client. If you agree to work together, the client needs to send you an offer and you need to accept it, in order to have an active contract on Upwork. There are two types of jobs, Fixed-Price and Hourly, and they are set up and used differently. You can check the differences between Fixed-Price and Hourly jobs in this Help article. Please follow the linked resources within the article and also check the related Help articles from the Getting Started as a Freelancer section.

To understand how the offer is made and see examples of the flow, please read our Freelancer Guide.

Make sure not to start working unless you have an active contract on Upwork, use Upwork Protection Programs, only accept to get paid through the platform and never pay in order to bid or be able to work on a job.

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs Lena shared in this thread.

Regarding taxes, currently invoices for the work completed are available for clients to download once they are charged for the work and are generated by Upwork. The VAT charged by Upwork is only for the VAT on the service fees that Upwork charges you for using Upwork's services.  Upwork does not charge and does not take responsibility for VAT that may or may not be due on charges by you as a Freelancer to your client. You can create your own invoices but would need to consult a local tax advisor on how to report your Upwork earnings and pay taxes on them.

I expect other freelancers from Greece will follow up soon with more advice. You can also search previous discussions on this topic.

Untitled
This widget could not be displayed.
3 of 4
This widget could not be displayed.

slivaniou
Community Leader
Stella L Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Meletios,

I see that Vladimir and Margarete have already provided plenty of info. Check if you are required to verify your VAT number with Upwork and correct the spelling mistake in your employment history.

Welcome to Upwork!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS