🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Couldn't locate my profile in search results
Page options
Ria C Community Member

Couldn't locate my profile in search results

I am not able to locate my profile in the platform's search results, and I've also stopped getting any job invitations. I've tried looking for my profile using my job title, skills & even used filters and checked many pages of search results.

would greatly appreciate it if someone could provide some insights into this issue.

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Clark S Community Member

Your profile is visible in search results. I searched with Keyword(s): "canva graphic designer" and Location: India, and you appeared on page 6. When I searched with Keyword(s): "canva graphic designer," Location: India, and Skill Category: Canva, you appeared on page 4.

celgins_1-1695843088177.png

As Jeanne stated, the algorithm rotates search results, so your positioning might change often. In fact, you could search using the same parameters I used and not see your profile on pages 4 or 6; rather, you might see it on page 2 or page 50.

As far as job invitations go, many freelancers have seen significant drops in invitations of the last year. There are different reasons for it, but I think flucuating search results could be a factor.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeanne H Community Member

It's still there, somewhere. The algorithm is secret, but it is supposed to work on rotation, amongst other things.

Clark S Community Member

Your profile is visible in search results. I searched with Keyword(s): "canva graphic designer" and Location: India, and you appeared on page 6. When I searched with Keyword(s): "canva graphic designer," Location: India, and Skill Category: Canva, you appeared on page 4.

celgins_1-1695843088177.png

As Jeanne stated, the algorithm rotates search results, so your positioning might change often. In fact, you could search using the same parameters I used and not see your profile on pages 4 or 6; rather, you might see it on page 2 or page 50.

As far as job invitations go, many freelancers have seen significant drops in invitations of the last year. There are different reasons for it, but I think flucuating search results could be a factor.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members