🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 22 Proposals Withdrawn Without Notice
Page options
Community Member

22 Proposals Withdrawn Without Notice

I added a client account to my freelancer account last Friday.  When I tried to add payment, I used a card that had not yet been activated and verification failed.  I immediately tried again and verification was successful.

Nevertheless...

As a result of the very brief account suspension, my TWENTY TWO freelance propsals have all been withdrawn.  I spent countless hours and 500+ connects on these proposals.  Five of them were OPEN and I was actively communicating with potential clients!  

I am panicking, worried about how this is going to make me appear with clients, concerned about the lost time and money, and just generally devastated. 

Can someone pease help!?

12 REPLIES 12
46f8a73a
Community Member

If this is true it is really shocking that this can happen...hopefully upwork has a swift answer and can reinstate those proposals. That is a lot of time and money down the drain. Not to mention lost wages from the withdrawn proposals.

I do not apply randomly to openings; I research throroughly, write thoughtful cover letters, and assemble relevant portfolios of my work.  I cannot find the words for just how upsetting this is.  This was three weeks worth of proposals.  

I've successfully worked through UpWork for 2+ years and the platform has profited thousands of dollars from my labor.  I am happy to use the service when it works, but the detrimental imapct when it doesn't work is just devastating.  

They used to do this to freelancers routinely when there were issues with identify verification, and I don't remember anyone being successful in getting their proposals reinstated. 

11dafde9
Community Member

Translation English 

Are you asking for a translation? You can't be looking for work, because you have no profile. Since you only have English, basic, you can't be a translator in any language. I remember your profile because of the "contact" writing. Which is not a skill or even a thing.

"Contact writing

Contact writing and reading the news and world report to your house and reading the news book and reading the article"

This is never going to get you a job. It will get you scammed. Before you lose everything, use the Academy and the red flags on scams from Wes.

the-right-writer
Community Member

Only Upwork can help you with this. Use the green "Support" button at the bottom of the help page. Also, I will see if a moderator will respond. You need to open a ticket, using the bot, and insist on speaking with an agent. It will likely be days or longer before you hear anything because Support is overwhelmed with many unhappy freelancers and clients.

NikolaS

Hi Rachel,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
financemark
Community Member

That is really unfortunate - I know as I had a similar problem when my fin inst flagged my purchase of connects (~$7.00) -- I couldn't pull down my earnings for 5 days while UW worked out their problem.  This platform gets absolutely hammered with fraud - (mostly b/c they dont do enough to stop these scum from entering)...and so their algo fraud setting are super strict (is what I have been told). 

Hopefully you have called on your clients to explain - it might be that they have no idea.

Good luck ---

6bfcdaf8
Community Member

I'd like to understand this better. I can imagine one day my credit card on my client profile will expire. When i add a new card, if i mistype the numbers is my freelancer account going to get hit?

This this will happen if your card on file expires, too.  Any payment issues on the client end automatically put the client account into suspension, for obvious anti-fraud reasons.  The "by design" bit referenced here that is unjust is that that this results in irrevokable withdrdawal of all open and pending proposals.  I am just appalled by the  injustice of this.  I can't be the only freelancer who is devastated by this.  It isn't really about the Connects, it is about the lost connection with clients on open proposals.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Member

This this will happen if your card on file expires, too.  Any payment issues on the client end automatically put the client account into suspension, for obvious anti-fraud reasons.  The "by design" bit referenced here that is unjust is that that this results in irrevokable withdrdawal of all open and pending proposals.  I am just appalled by the  injustice of this.  I can't be the only freelancer who is devastated by this.  It isn't really about the Connects, it is about the lost connection with clients on open proposals.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Yes i think this is a big problem. Can anyone from upwork clarify this? Rachel were there any pending but failing payments on your client account? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members