🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Cover letter is Proposal, isn't it?
Page options
cb34945e
Community Member

Cover letter is Proposal, isn't it?

I'm a freelance beginer, People keep talking about proposals but all i see when i apply for a job is just Cover Letter, So Cover letter is Proposal, isn't it? Correct me if i am wrong. Thank!

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Yes, your inital cover letter is the first element of a proposal for purposes of your eventual agreement with a new client. But you should expect to refine your initial proposal with the client as their intentions, goals, skills, etc. become more obvious during the time before you both agree to a contract on Upwork.

Always be sure you and the client are on the same page as to what major elements you will AND will not do to complete the contract. Not everything can be foreseen, but too many clients end up asking/requiring more work from their freelancers than the freelancers expected to do.

Define the final work product/deliverables as best you can before a contract is in place. On an hourly project that is not as important as on a fixed price project, but an outline of what's to be done by the freelancer is helpful for the success of any project. Many clients don't even know exactly what they need; the freelancer is doing him/herself a favor helping the client in that respect.

Good luck!

bingiart
Community Member

Hi Minh Hung M.,

Check this link to know more about it

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Differences-between-Cover-Letter-and-Proposals/m-p/415...

Your profile doesn't have enough information

Before starting work, Take some time and check out these UpWork Free Courses.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Learning-Paths/ct-p/LearningPaths

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Minh, what you see as a Freelancer is the Client post. You should submit your proposal for that post. Have a great day!

**bleep**, you're an impressive guy! I just checked out your Upwork profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members