🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Current client looking to hire for a differen...
Page options
f9ef1642
Community Member

Current client looking to hire for a different job - should I apply?

Hello! I just came across a job post from a client I have been working with, before he paused the contract and said he intends to continue working after he sorts things out. 

This job is different from the one I have been doing with him. I was writing articles, this is for his website's content. 

My question is, should I apply? What's keeping me from applying is the thought that he knew I was a writer and if he thought I could help, he would have reached out. 

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
masud669
Community Member

Hello Zaib,
Of course, you should apply for the job. Even, you can message him to your previous conversation, that you could help him too for the new job. It's a great opportunity to build a long-term relationship with your client.
Good Luck!
Thank you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
masud669
Community Member

Hello Zaib,
Of course, you should apply for the job. Even, you can message him to your previous conversation, that you could help him too for the new job. It's a great opportunity to build a long-term relationship with your client.
Good Luck!
Thank you.

Thank you for the great advice, Masud!

I did reach out to the client and the project is under negotiation 🙂

You are most welcome.

Zaib U wrote:

Thank you for the great advice, Masud!

I did reach out to the client and the project is under negotiation 🙂

Great! The nice thing with former clients is that you can contact in messenger and don't have to apply and spend connects... 

46948e07
Community Member

apply for a job that was posted by a client you have worked with in the past. However, it's ultimately up to you to decide whether you want to apply for the job or not. Here are a few things to consider:

• Does the job align with your career goals and interests? If the job is something that you are passionate about and that you believe you would be good at, it might be worth applying.

• How does the job compare to the work you have done for the client in the past? If the job is similar to the work you have done before and you feel confident in your ability to perform the role, you might want to apply.

• Have you had a good working relationship with the client in the past? If you have had a positive experience working with the client before and you believe you could work well together again, it might be worth applying for the job.

Ultimately, the decision is yours to make. If you decide to apply, you can always reach out to the client to express your interest and ask any questions you might have about the job. Even if you don't get the job, you could still potentially continue working with the client in the future.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths