🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Custoner Starred the contract with full payme...
Page options
umarshafiq17
Community Member

Custoner Starred the contract with full payment but funded half jn escrow

I started a fix price contract with a client he funded half money in escrow and said he’ll give the half after completing the the job. I have gave him the work and now he is not answering me anywhere. He is not picking up my calls not reply me anywhere. He started the contract with full payment but funded only half in escrow. What should I do? Can I submit my work with full price we discussed?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Muhammad, it sounds like a trap. Set by your client. 😓

You should only ever work on milestones that are funded. Budgets and all the talks don't matter. It only matters what is paid by the client into the escrow.

If the client paid only half, you should do only half.

Next time, deliver only what the client has paid for and is ready to release after confirming your result is good enough.

Live and learn.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

Clients have the option to divide the budget into milestones. Milestones are used to divide a Fixed-Price job into a series of phases, due dates, or deliverables. If in case you have completed the first milestone and have submitted it for payment, the client has 14 days from the most recent submission on a milestone to review and approve or request changes. If your client doesn't respond to any milestone submission within 14 days, the deposit is automatically released to you. It would be ideal that before accepting any offer that you review the terms stated. You may reach out to your client directly about this. They have the option to send you a bonus payment. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Marie!

Thanks for the reply. The problem is he asked me before the start of the project that he is going to refund the half payment now and will release the full payment when I'll complete his task. The current milestone has half payment funded in the escrow so I submit the work for payment it'll only give me half of the agreed amount. I wanted to get my full payment but he not responding my anywhere. he not answering my calls and messages etc.

Hi Muhammad,

As that's the case, you need to check with your client so they can create another milestone or send you a bonus for the remaining $75. Our Fixed Price Protection does not cover unfunded milestones and promised funds.

Regarding the funds currently in Escrow, while working on a Fixed-Price Contract, to ensure that you are payment protected on Upwork, we always recommend that you only submit work for the fixed-price contract through the contract page by clicking on the "Request for payment" button, which is what you did exactly. By doing so, your client has 14-days to review the work that you have submitted. If they don't come back within 14-days, the money in escrow will automatically be paid to your account. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Muhammad, it sounds like a trap. Set by your client. 😓

You should only ever work on milestones that are funded. Budgets and all the talks don't matter. It only matters what is paid by the client into the escrow.

If the client paid only half, you should do only half.

Next time, deliver only what the client has paid for and is ready to release after confirming your result is good enough.

Live and learn.

re: "The problem is he asked me before the start of the project that he is going to refund the half payment now and will release the full payment when I'll complete his task. The current milestone has half payment funded in the escrow so I submit the work for payment it'll only give me half of the agreed amount. I wanted to get my full payment but he not responding my anywhere. he not answering my calls and messages etc."

Yeah. He tricked you.

You need to stop calling him or messaging him.

This is over.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members