🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » When to start time tracker?
Page options
kamateam
Community Member

When to start time tracker?

So, I have this problem when I start having hourly contracts. I am working as graphic designer and when I got the job, I have to do some research to get the complete idea about the project,then I think how I will gonna do it in my mind and after that I start recording the time of action on my pc.
The problem is the first steps is more important and consume time as well as the designing. My question is do I start time recording from the very begining or starting from using the softwares I use to design?

Please tell me your thoughts and what do you think I need to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You use TimeTracker to track any time you spend on a client's project - deep thinking, research, designing, whatever...

Use your keyboard and mouse throughout any timed session to take notes, etc., so TimeTracker knows you're busy. When your keyboard and mouse go idle for any length of time, TimeTracker will stop recording your work time.

Then you'll have to go back and add manual time to record work time when you were not using your keyboard and mouse. Avoid this, as manual time is not covered by Upwork's excellent hourly project payment protection.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

You use TimeTracker to track any time you spend on a client's project - deep thinking, research, designing, whatever...

Use your keyboard and mouse throughout any timed session to take notes, etc., so TimeTracker knows you're busy. When your keyboard and mouse go idle for any length of time, TimeTracker will stop recording your work time.

Then you'll have to go back and add manual time to record work time when you were not using your keyboard and mouse. Avoid this, as manual time is not covered by Upwork's excellent hourly project payment protection.

Thanks for your help. I am concerned about the payment protection about the hour contracts. But typing notes using keyboard will solve this problem.

df602768
Community Member

Pretty much what Will, said.

Every time you spend time working on a project, you set the timer on.

And remember to keep notes and write down what you're doing while you're working.

Thanks for helping!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members