🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » DATA TYPING is Scam or not?
Page options
01aaeceb
Community Member

DATA TYPING is Scam or not?

Good day, I just want to ask if this job is a scam or not when they want you to contact them on telegram? the name of the company is Ingenta?
They said that they are a publishing company where they republish some crucial documents for huge companies like Google, Amazon in USA, Jobberman in Africa.
They have their headquarters in France, Belgium and Switzerland and also help in rebranding some software programs for Google
They are currently recruiting new staff members to work from their various homes.

Please reply asap. Thankyou so much for the time.

-Regene

7 REPLIES 7
nahidhasan771
Community Member

100% scam 

Is that thing also happened to you  sir? Oh no. I gave my name and email add already :<

Yes‚ Please don't share any cantact information before start the contract officialy‚  It’s violation Upwork's TOS. 

Read TOS and do Academy courses. 

Thanks 

I thank you for the information, sir. I'll carefully read the TOS again cause I think that I missed to read that section.

Even after you are awarded a job, try to communicate with the client via Upwork messages.

Discourage clients from contacting you by other means.

"Certa bonum certamen"
luce-neidert
Community Member

Go to YouTube, do a little search and you'll find very interesting videos of freelancers that answered the job offer just to see what would happen. These jobs are scams, and so are the translation jobs that thrive on Upwork during the week-end. Beware !

PradeepH

Hi Regene,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members