cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO not trust **

paullondon83
Paul L Member Since: Jun 7, 2014
1 of 10
Hi! My name is Paul and I just started working at odesk. My first job was to translate a document for a client called ** and I got screwed over straight away. He just simply told me I did a bad job, ended communication and closed the contract. He is a freelancer here as awell, so what I think he did is take a job himself and had me do it, then passed it on as his own work and never payed me. He has good feedback as a client, because it is impossible to give feed back to a client that has not paid. This seems like a ridiculous system to me, and it is very easy for us freelancers to get screwed over by people like this. I am thinking about posting a job soon myself on the odesk website for website programmers and see if we can build a website that can function like an odesk watchdog, where freelancers can report scams like these. I know this forum works for that as well, but I don't really feel supported by odesk in this matter, si I want it to be third party. Let me know if someone is interested in helping me build said site. Payment would be through advert income. cheers and good luck out there. *"Removed by admin"
jobsonthego
Shaun F Member Since: Jun 11, 2013
2 of 10
** Stay away from this Freelancer on odesk * Removed by admin
paullondon83
3 of 10
Why is that? And it is uncler if you are Shaun, or muhammad posting. T me anyway, sorry, newb to the forum.
jobsonthego
Shaun F Member Since: Jun 11, 2013
4 of 10
Because He is a scammer simple as that Does shoddy work gets paid gets you to give ok feedback and then gives you terrible feedback after he has been paid and shortly after being paid the work he has done needs fixing and does not work. Use him at your own risk and if you want to be scammed Shaun F
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
5 of 10
You gave him 5 stars and a great feedback comment. Why such a good feedback comment if you were so unhappy? By the way, the mods will edit your post to remove his name, it's not allowed.
paullondon83
6 of 10
How does he get you to give him good feedback? By saying he ll give you good feedback? The reason names are modded is why im thinking of a separate website. With screenshots of communication as proof. Id love to get a discussion going on this. Not only freelancers get scammed, but clients too obvs. I want ppl to be able to defend themselves in public, or be shamed as scammers. In my case it is way to easy for the guy that scammed me to get away with it. The new odesk idea will not work either.
chavdarova
Marieta C Member Since: Mar 3, 2014
7 of 10
Hi Paul! That is a good idea, I also find it frustrating that I can't give bad feedback to a client, because I didn't get paid and the job is still open. As for the client that did not pay you- that is what I do, since they didn't pay me, I hold the property rights of the work done (https://www.odesk.com/info/terms/). If a certain period has passed and I didn't get paid or the client doesn't respond, I inform that he may not use the work done without my permission. If you find your work being used without your permission (on web, media, etc), you can exercise those rights. Or that's how it's supposed to be in theory. The point is, we are not here to work for free. And if a client doesnt want to pay, then he shouldn't use the work done.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
8 of 10
Google has a form that you can fill out and they will take the page off their search results. If the client has Google ads on the page, you can fill out another form to get the ads taken down. Bing has the same, but you have to mail a hard copy letter. You can also send a letter to the hosting company, and they may take the whole website down.
mylene95
Mylene T Member Since: May 15, 2014
9 of 10
So, Ms. Marieta,how can we know if our work was published w/o our permission? Im also a newbie and Wasn't paid , nor advised about by my 20 PRs...been contacting them...no response.... pls. give us steps or links...thanks!
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
10 of 10
Google part of the text or copy the full text into Copyscape, which will cost you 5 cents.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS