cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Payment BPI (March 21, 2015 withdrawal)

ivy_gozo
Ivy G Member Since: Mar 22, 2015
1 of 14

Hello.

I withdrew payment from oDesk last March 21.

On my previous withdrawals, it will only take one day for the payment to be credited to my account.

It's March 23 now, and still nothing on my account.

Anyone who also experience the same thing?

Thank you.

albean88
Ace Contributor
Alvin G Member Since: Mar 22, 2015
2 of 14

Hi Ivy,

Bank payments are processed "Banking Days" which means  from Monday to Friday only. On your case, March 21 is a Saturday so expect your payment on Tuesday or Wednesday. It is better to withdraw  on Mondays - Thursday. Avoid Fridays and weekends.

rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
3 of 14

In addition, standard processing time of any banks (in the country at least) is 5 Working days, not counting weekends and holidays.  So, techinically its still not yet delayed.

ago_g
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
4 of 14

The other 2 here are right. The time it's processed, sent, and available at your bank are 5 different stories!! hehehehe 

Check the day you withdraw before you do so. That way, you can get a better idea as to when it will be available according to the already mentioned. The other idea is you can check your bank account, or you should be able to, online. So you know it's there or not. Save your time and avoid finding out with guessing games!!

On a side note, a friend of mine suggested to use BPI just the same as he is, just like you are doing now. As it turns out, BDO worked way better and was cheaper to use. Until I started working on oDesk, I never had a bank account. Never needed it until I started here. So naturally at that time, I wouldn't know much of anything about these banks.

I went to BPI as suggested. Had my time completely wasted by them and left seriously angry. As in, even the guards were getting nervous!!

I later went to BDO. DONE in a puny few hours(most of that time was spent chatting and joking..... seriously), found out it was cheaper to use, and not a single complaint. The funny part is, I made that same mistake you did and didn't check the timing first. But when I did, I found out later that my money showed up AHEAD of schedule. Smiley Very Happy

Sure enough, it only costed me about 10mins travel time to go get my money. Literally that was all. If I had a bicycle, it would have costed me less!! Could not possibly be any happier about that.

All things considered and compared, I'm still wondering why others are using BPI?!!  hahahahaha

albean88
Ace Contributor
5 of 14

Santi,

How much is the transaction fee of BDO? I'm currently using Union Bank for my paychecks and their fee is 50.  Thanks!

ago_g
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
6 of 14

@Alvin

So far it's costed me an entire ZERO. Smiley LOL

It costed me $0.99 to send from oDesk to BDO. Nothing and lots of it to withdraw from their ATM. I can't remember how much the jeepney ride was but it must have been pretty puny to already forget!! hahahaha

That was all. It takes the typical setup time, but otherwise, it worked out quite well for me so far.

Do note.... I have looked into the other forum post about this same problem posted here by Ivy. Seems someone else had a problem several years ago and was using BDO. But I didn't happen to spot another post from that same person in that topic. Yeah, oddball stuff can happen at any given time. Just saying.

albean88
Ace Contributor
7 of 14

Hi Santi,

That's great! What type of account did you enroll? Is it their savings or debit? One more thing about Union Bank is that everytime you withdraw, it gets Php. 10! Argg!. Do this happen also with BDO?

Thanks in advance! Thinking already to transfer to BDO. Man LOL

rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
8 of 14

@Santi,

I am using BPI for the last 3 years and so far had no problems and so with many others that I know of.  I enrolled online and got my Express ATM Card in a week without any cost (though it was stated that one need to have at least 500 maintaining balance) or hassle.  I guess you really had a mis understanding with the branch that you went. BPI also has no bank charge.

As to your BDO account, your lucky you got to open your Kabayan account.  BDO branches unfortunately has different interpretation on their policy for opening BDO kabayan accounts.

caaam
Mary Camela F Member Since: May 25, 2016
9 of 14

Hi! I'm still new with upwork's payment method and how did it for you with BPI? I went there and they told me that they do not allow 3rd party websites suck as paypal and the like. how does it work for Upwork? I mean how do I get the payment? Thank you! I'm getting really frustated with the payment method also with paypal.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 14

Hi Mary Camela,

You can set up an LFT payment method using your bank account, please find more information here.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS