🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Top Rated Payout Issue
Page options
amteves
Community Member

Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payouts

Hello!

Is there a delay now on the Top-Rated salary availability?

Please advise. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I understand why this can cause concern for some of you. Please know that cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. If you live in another timezone, please calculate the time difference to determine when your payment will be available. We will also email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn.

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

If there are any specific issues related to this, we will update this thread. I can confirm that there are no reported issues that are affecting how these payments are processed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458
brj
Community Member

I was thinking the same thing.

brj
Community Member

Not again, yes same here. It's suppose to reflect by now.

ndhaskin
Community Member

Hopefully it's fixed soon - we've all got bills to pay!

I myself have auto drafts coming out of my account in the morning...so here's hoping I've got the funds to cover.

mcruz
Community Member

Mine is still "In Review".  You're right.  Usually it's available by this time.

Myra Cruz

Same! 

Not available here, either.

Queue position: 20 

high volume of support issue

Our sincere apologies for your prolonged holding time. Due to extremely high chat volumes, all agents are still busy. Please feel free to continue to hold, or if you prefer, exiting this chat will create a ticket through which you can provide additional information regarding your issue.

r2m78
Community Member

Oh my! It's delay again? It's already 11:40 a.m here in Philippines.

If it helps anyone, mine is now very slowly starting to trickle in.

mcruz
Community Member

It just became available. Just now. 

Myra Cruz

Just starting to trickle in here, too. This is not good for my heart.

thankfully this doesn't really happen often.  It just sucks, because then you wonder if you've done something wrong! 

Same here. This is happening quite often now.

Am with the chat support now

Second straight week that this has happened...

really? that stinks.  mine wasn't delayed last week more than maybe 15 minutes

There was an entire thread here about that last week, with a community manager responding. This has happened a lot in the last year, which is why I'm surprised you've said it doesn't happen often. 

This isn't even a client issue. I'm the one who issues payments on the client side. I know that Upwork got paid. 

It doesn't typically happen often for me - at least not to this extent.

Really sucks it seems to be happening to others more often, though.  I didn't see the thread last week.

Still waiting.. It is still quite upsetting even though it's a bonus benefit.. 

Aaaaand.. literally as I was typing this it popped through. Relief++

Thanks Upwork! 😉

Woohoo!  I'm still waiting for a couple of my contracts but at least it's coming.

Same issue here

It might be the changing time settings in the US

I don't think that's it, as payments were generally available for me between 6-7 p.m. Pacific Time, so that would translate to between 7-8 pm PT... still quite a bit later than that... (that was my initial thought, too).

Did yours get released yet Coralie?

Two of three contracts... waiting for one more...

I have 3 down, 3 to go

May the odds be ever in your favor! 😉

june50
Community Member

same here, been waiting for it. It normally arrives at 10:30 MNL time, up until now - still in progress.

jcperezvaliao
Community Member

It should become available by around 5 am UTC.

It is now 3.45 am.

It seems like payments have been a bit late since this war started.  But they always trickle in over couple hours for me.

Happy working!

Same thing here!

Unfortunately, later payments seem to be the 'new normal' on Upwork. It's been this way for weeks now.

same thing here.. 

ran88
Community Member

hi,

My pay from one of my clients is still in review. It's beyond 5am utc already. It's now 1pm utc

yanimaravillo
Community Member

Hi, my funds from last week is still In Review status today. It's supposed to be available yesterday but it's still not converted to Available Funds. Please assist. Thanks!

According to Upwork Chat Support --

For the timing, these are processed through batches. So for example, your colleague's transaction was processed in batch 1 and was cleared right before the cutoff, his/her payment will still be reflected within Friday. Then if your transaction was processed in batch 2 but the client's issuing bank has cleared your payment past 5am UTC, then it did not make the cutoff leading to your payment being available by Wednesday

Does anyone have the same issue wherein their payout didn't make the bank cut-off clearing? So instead of the usual Friday payout we have to wait for 5 days more to withdraw the funds? Because if they are clearing the payouts by "batch" for top rated freelancers, then there must be someone who's experiencing the same issue as me at this very moment, and also have to wait until Wednesday to get the available funds. Can someone assist pls?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members