🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payou...
Page options
amteves
Community Member

Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payouts

Hello!

Is there a delay now on the Top-Rated salary availability?

Please advise. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I understand why this can cause concern for some of you. Please know that cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. If you live in another timezone, please calculate the time difference to determine when your payment will be available. We will also email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn.

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

If there are any specific issues related to this, we will update this thread. I can confirm that there are no reported issues that are affecting how these payments are processed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

463 REPLIES 463
maresebaltazar
Community Member

Hi,

This is my first time to post here. I wonder why the payment for my hourly contract (client A) still “In review” whereas the other client (Client B) on the same week log, payment is already in the “Available” tab. Previous payments from the Client A hasn’t encountered any issue.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Marese,

I checked your Transaction History and saw the pending earnings you mentioned. If you checked the invoice date, it looks like it was for the previous week's logged hours. Please know that all-time logged in your Work Diary, whether tracked or added as manual time, is automatically invoiced to your client using the schedule below.

• Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork Desktop App (Time Tracker)
  • Week 2 – Your time is invoiced to your client on Monday and they have until Friday to review your work
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday

Here's the help article to learn more about getting paid for Hourly Contracts.

As for Fixed Price contracts, when your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period.

You should be able to confirm the date when the funds should be available by checking the information in your Transaction History

~ Joanne
Upwork
mac313
Community Member

Hi, I log the hours last week. and the client paid the amount yesterday but the amount is still in the review section. Can you please check?

Hi Hassan, 

That's working as designed! The client review period runs from Monday at 12 noon UTC following the close of the billing period until the following Friday (today in your case) at 23:59 UTC.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

My payment for hours logged last week is showing under Review. Being Top Rated freelancer, it should have been released and made available. Please help.

Regards,

Naresh

Hi Naresh,

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~Andrea
Upwork
wyeates
Community Member

I qualify for early payment. Several of my clients payments have already come through, but one hasn't. Is this normal? If that is common, when today should I expect the payment?

Same here! Is there anyone from Support monitoring these threads this morning?

Hi Walter and Coralie,

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, and thank you for your reply. In my case, this payment is from a large, established client that I have been working with (40 hours/week) for more than two years. There is no dispute, as I work with their management each day, and I am certain there was no issue with their payment. (I read the article, thank you for posting the link).

So, eliminating those two issues, how can I get my payment unstuck?

Thank you!

Hi Coralie,

Clients have from Monday to Friday to review and make the payment corresponding to hours invoiced. Because of this, if the client's payment method failed at the beginning of the week and we were unable to charge them until later in the week it would be too late to release your payment early and the Weekly Billing Cycle would need to be followed. That said, please keep in mind we're unable to share any specifics of your client's account because of privacy reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork
wyeates
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

This doesn't make sense, the client showed me images of everything being processed. Shouldn't there be a way to manually push them through if the funds were approved of?

Hi Walter,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. I certainly understand that you want the funds to be processed in your account. I can see that you've been communicating with one of the support team members regarding your concern via a support ticket. We highly suggest you continue doing that if you need further assistance so that the team can look into your concern more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jeffrycube
Community Member

Hi,

I am a Top Rated freelancer. I have worked with 3 clients last week for an hourly project. My earnings from my 2 clients are now Available but the other 1 is not at this point in time. Can you pls check?

already contacted suppport for this

anjanas25
Community Member

Hello, my profile visibility has been set to locked private. I have requested to change the same to public. Though the request status has been changed to solved, it has not been solved yet. I cannot follow up on the same but keep requesting the same multiple times. 

Regards. 

Anjana S

I'm having the same issue.  I also tried to contact support, and opened a ticket, but no response yet.  Additionally, I can't seem to delete old skills on my profile.  I try to delete them, but they show up again as soon as I refresh the page, or return back to my profile on the mobile app.  I'm wondering if upwork is just experiencing some temporary technical issues. 

Hi Shan, 

I have done the same for you - I set your profile visibility to public. 

As for your other concern, please know that this is a known issue and the team is working to resolve this issue. You may monitor this thread for updates.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks so much :)))

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Anjana, 

I have reset your profile visibility to public as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
r2m78
Community Member

Hello.

Is there a delayed pay outs for top rated today? I withdrawn my funds today but still not receiving in my local bank. We need the funds badly.

Thanks,

Rose

Hi Rosemarie,

Thank you for your message and I'm to hear that you still haven't received your funds. However, I checked and can confirm the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end. Can you please confirm if you received an email after your payment is applied indicating that the funds are ready to be withdrawn?

~ Arjay
Upwork
marjorie_anne_sa
Community Member

Hi,

This is the 2nd time it happened to me. Usually if I withdraw my payments on a Friday, I am receiving it same day but up until now it I have not receive it yet. 

Hi Marjorie Anne,

I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't received the funds. However, It looks like your payments have already been processed and you were able to withdraw to your payment method. 

Take note that for Faster Payouts, cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. Please allow one to two hours for your earnings to be processed from that time. If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged (there's an issue with their billing method), your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. This means your earnings are not eligible for Faster Payouts, and you'll receive your earnings after the security period (Wednesday). 

You may want to visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
fiyaa
Community Member

Hello

I wanted help regarding payments not being available early - on Friday. Has the rule changed?

I am unable to contact Upwork support as when I click on the get support button nothing appears. Could anyone from Upwork help?

Thank you

Hi Farina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
fiyaa
Community Member

Thank you so much for your kind assistance.

sparbrand
Community Member

I was supposed to get two different hourly payments into my Upwork account today, one has gone through but the second is still at the review stage, why?

Hi Ifedi,

~Andrea
Upwork

The payment has reflected on the client's profile. Also, the client ended the contract and asked me if I received the payment, but I could not confirm if I did since the payment was supposed to reflect today Friday. He never disputed the job done.

wyeates
Community Member

Only a portion of my early payment has come through. Is this another issue in relation to last week?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Walter, 

It looks like you're referring to Faster Payouts. I see that one of your contract earnings still needs to be processed. If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be delayed and processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle.

~ Avery
Upwork
emreyldrm
Community Member

I'm a top rated plus freelancer. My earnings for the last week were supposed to be available today. But they are still in "In review". Is anyone else having the same issue? 

Hi Emre,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
chamie30
Community Member

why is my salary still pending? I can withdraw it every Friday. but now it's still pending

Hi Mary,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
aftonlynn
Community Member

A payment that I've been getting early as a Top Rated Plus contractor was not distributed yet and I've always received that payment by now. It's still pending. Does that mean the client didnt fund the account on time and now I'll get it Wednesday?! That's just great...I hate late paychecks it could literally mean no power or water for a week cause Bill's dont wait.

Hi Afton,

Please know that if your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

~Andrea
Upwork
r2m78
Community Member

Hi. Is there a payment delay again in Top Freelancers? I am a top freelancer. I Withdrew my funds $183 and received an email that it is already processed. I 've checked my Local bank account and.my funds still not receiving.

Thanks,

Rose

Hi Rosemarie,

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members