🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payou...
Page options
amteves
Community Member

Delayed Payments for Top-Rated - Faster Payouts

Hello!

Is there a delay now on the Top-Rated salary availability?

Please advise. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

I understand why this can cause concern for some of you. Please know that cleared payments are released on Fridays by 5 a.m. UTC. If you live in another timezone, please calculate the time difference to determine when your payment will be available. We will also email you after your payment is applied and ready to be withdrawn.

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts. 

If there are any specific issues related to this, we will update this thread. I can confirm that there are no reported issues that are affecting how these payments are processed. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

458 REPLIES 458
amessengineer
Community Member

Hi am top rated, i qualify to faster payouts, i am supposed to receive my hourly payments by friday, but for the week (18th to 24th march), I din't receive the payment last friday , but seems that my client has issues in his payment method so i didnt receive the payment and the contract was paused by upwork. So I have contacted my client, he has solved the payment method issues, but i didn't receive the payment yet , its status has moved to pending.

Also for the hours billed the last week to my client, when I check my transactions history , I see that the related transaction date is 10th of april , which means 10 days later not 5 as I qualify for faster payouts.

omar_vector
Community Member

I've the same issue, I work for multi clients, one of them suddenly , the payment didnt released by friday , instead it still pending while all other clients fund is released succeffuly. 

I see there are many people suffer from the same fate, and I dont think its considence . this is happened during last payment cycle ... is there any offical statment or someone techincally investigating ?

youssefdawood
Community Member

Hi I am wondering why part of my earnings remain In Review today. It should be available usually on Friday as I am a Top Rated freelancer. And only the part of the earnings became available.

Hi Youssef,

In my experience, it’s usually an issue with your client’s payment method. Consequently, Upwork will automatically pause your contract. You’ll need to coordinate with your client to resolve the issue on their end.

I am experiencing it right now, my earnings are still in review, usually, it is available for withdrawal at this time.

Hi Youssef,

We can see that you have already corresponded with one of our team members. You can check the response to your ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
etatoy
Community Member

ustik86
Community Member

I can see the same issue. 

etatoy
Community Member

Has anyone here encountered the same issue where the funds are still not showing as available up to now?

Hi Edsel,

I'm sorry to hear your payment is still pending. If there are issues with your client's account, the payment will remain pending until the issue is resolved.  I would suggest that you discuss this with your client so that they can work on clearing the issue with their account, and pay you for the work you have completed. 

While we can't share any details, ask your client to communicate with our team to resolve the issue with their account and resume your payment.

~ Joanne
Upwork
acasilum
Community Member

Hi, one of my earnings still in review, others is in avaiable, any particular reason why?

mcapul
Community Member

Same issue

Same here

Hi Allan, Maria and Al,

I understand the importance of timely payouts and I am sorry to hear that your earnings is not available. Please know that all cleared payments on the contract with no dispute from the clients are paid to you on Fridays by 11:59 p.m. UTC. 

If your client disputes your hours or their billing method cannot be successfully charged, your payment will be processed according to the Weekly Billing Cycle. I would suggest you communicate with your client directly. You may visit this article for more information about Faster Payouts.

- Pradeep

Upwork
catseyesolutions
Community Member

My client's card could not be charged. Now it has been charged on this day (friday) but my hourly payment still shows as "In review", will I still get paid on wednesday? I am top rated plus

If payment will fail then Upwork team will review job within protection procedure. You will be paid or will see that you refunded. Just wait. At next week you will know results. No your action needed.

This is not what I mean

At friday early Toptated payments used. It works only if client paid already. This one didn't paid so you will be reviewed with main scope.

No this is not my question at all. Now that my client has paid I should get paid n 5 days as a top rated plus

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members