Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app doesn't track my tasks

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 15

@Javier L wrote:

They are translations of different texts (for the same client). Well what you say has sense, I can do just one track, but now it doens't work.

If I start working now, the time is not registered in the total

Please turn the tracker on and keep working, changing memos as you go along. Is the client requiring you to change memo for every item? That seems completely excessive!

It is best practice to work hourly contracts in continuous periods, as short segments may not get recorded and you end up with a messy, low activity (seemingly) work diary like yours because of this trning the tracker on and off.

Just work through and ONLY change memo and activity code (when needed - changing after each tiny task seems excessive but if that is what the client insists on so be it, it's their money that's being wasted doing it)

Do NOT keep turning the tracker on and off.

javi0567
Javier L Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
12 of 15

ok Petra, will try what you suggest.  Thanks for your help. I'm going to track now a 50-55 minutes task. If it is not registered, I will let you know.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 15

Always start early in a segment and always wait for the screenshot in the last segment before turning the tracker off.

Only segments with a screenshot are recorded, and only segments with adequate activity are protected. Your practice leaves you with 0 protection, so you really, REALLY need to stop doing that!

javi0567
Javier L Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
14 of 15

mmm, seems now is solved.  I just turned it on and the misssed time is shown now.

f.PNG

egroenestein
Esther G Member Since: Aug 26, 2017
15 of 15

HI Javier, 

That happens at times when you turn off and on the timer (as ou and petra already concluded) 

I used to track 20 min tasks and change to notes like you're suggesting here (or even shorter tasks). I can confirm what Petra states, only screenshot timeslots are recored, sometimes 2 minutes is a 10 min log, sometimes 8 min is no log. 

I +1 Petra's suggestion out of my own experience, keep it on untill you get a screenshot only then turn it off. 

also, the sum of time is delayed in both the desktop app as on the website, give it prox 15 min to update and you're time will be added. 

hope you don't encounter any more issues,

cheers,

Esther 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS