cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did new policy took place ?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 19

Hi everybody!

We were just informed that there were some issues with a rollout of the new minimum rate policy. Our Team is working hard to fix these technical issues and we will update you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
12 of 19

Colour me surprised.

Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
13 of 19

David,

Me too!!!

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
14 of 19

And oDesk has been testing this for how many months? It's not like they thought of it yesterday.

Ace Contributor
Sheikh Ahsan A Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 19

Hi Marcia,

I don't think you are right because odesk's most bad advance filter/policy "auto hidden" took place within 2 hours after notification. So why this ploicy is not?

Thnaks

Maksudur M Member Since: Nov 17, 2014
16 of 19

Few days ago I get a notice that from 15th November minimum rate will be 3$/h or more for hourly job. I thank for it. Because also before I could't bid under 4$. But today I want to apply a job and see this thing. 

Here is link: http://imgur.com/W3RpLHL

If  minimum rate is 3$ then how it possible low rate is 2$. Is Odesk start playing a game to all freelancer? 

Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
17 of 19

Sheikh, oDesk has been testing the minimum rate policy for a long time. There were many complaints on the old forum because the testing was applied randomly to different freelancers, so one freelancer could bid £0.50 a hour, but another freelancer would be forced to bid at least $2 per hour and another freelancer would have to bid at least $4 an hour when applying for the same jobs. It might not have affected you personally, because you were not chosen for the test, but it affected many other freelancers.

oDesk may have been testing the auto hidden policy on some freelancers before they officially announced it. They don't always announce when they are testing things. Freelancers and clients sometimes find things out on their own and eventually oDesk is compelled to make an announcement.

In the case of auto-hiding, IIRC, some freelancers posted screenshots from clients showing their applications were hidden. They must have been applying to jobs with clients they had already worked for and had good relationships with. Also, clients were inviting freelancers to jobs and the freelancers they invited were being autohidden.

Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
18 of 19

Yeah, I had also faced such situations for over an Year.

When contacted support I got the same reply.Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
19 of 19

to David and Reynaldo:

totally.

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS