🐈 Community
ahmedmskamel

Different time frames for JSS

HI all,

A question came to my mind and i just wanted to share it with other freelancers here. The 3 JSS time frames are 6 months, 12 months and 24 months. Does that mean that if i have not completed 12 months on Upwork for example, I'll be working with my 6 months time frame that keeps shifting with time till i have completed 1 year at Upwork?

Does my question make sense? Or does the 12 months JSS score come to action once i'm 6 months and 1 day old at UPwork?

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r

Your JSS is calculated on the best of 3 time windows

6 months, 

12 months which obviously includes the 6 month window

24 months, which obviously includes both the 6 months and 12 months Windows.

so say you have completed contracts going back 7 months, then your 6 month window would be calculated on all contracts within the 6 months, your 1 year window would be calculated on all contracts during the 7 months. If the results differ, the better one is your JSS.

Hello, please I really do not understand the explanation about JSS and window. A client just told me I am not qualified for a job on Upwork because my timeframe was too long, so I got really worried. Can you please take a look at my profile? Thank you. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d29f943e2ed0defb

Efomo E wrote:

Hello, please I really do not understand the explanation about JSS and window. A client just told me I am not qualified for a job on Upwork because my timeframe was too long, so I got really worried. Can you please take a look at my profile? Thank you. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d29f943e2ed0defb

Either you or the client are hopelessly confused. Neither can talk about JSS since you don't have one. Ask the client what he was talking about. 

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ahmed K wrote:

Or does the 12 months JSS score come to action once i'm 6 months and 1 day old at UPwork?

Hi Ahmed,

That is correct. If you have completed a contract more than six months ago, that contract will be included with all of your recent contracts into the calculation for the 12 month window.

~ Vladimir
Upwork