🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Direct offer while listed as unavailable for ...
Page options
cecilialat
Community Member

Direct offer while listed as unavailable for new jobs

Hello,

I have just received a direct offer from a client I had never spoken to before while I'm currently listed as not available for new jobs. How was it possible for the client to find my name and reach to me?
I had to decline the offer because I cannot take more work at the moment, but I also feel sorry for the client who randomly picked a freelancer without knowing (or realizing) they were unavailable. Doesn't the client see I have switched to "not available"?

(I am also perplexed by clients who send direct offers without any prior conversations with the freelancer, but that is another topic).

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Cecilia L wrote:

I have just received a direct offer from a client I had never spoken to before while I'm currently listed as not available for new jobs. How was it possible for the client to find my name and reach to me?

The client could have found you earlier and had you saved. You don't appear in searches.

Cecilia L wrote:

I had to decline the offer because I cannot take more work at the moment, but I also feel sorry for the client who randomly picked a freelancer without knowing (or realizing) they were unavailable. Doesn't the client see I have switched to "not available"?

It isn't that obvious anymore. It doesn't say "Available" or "Not available" anymore, it says "Hours per week" - and that's some way down the opposite direction of the "Invite" and "Hire" buttons. Very easy to miss.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members