cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Messages in Upwork Tracker (Desktop)

mohammadnoman
Mohammad N Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
1 of 11

I think there must be an option to disable messages in Upwork desktop tracker app. Not sure about others but I really don't want to enable that messages feature in app and not willing to expose my messages in this fashion.

Alternatively, anyone else using old tracker app, the version which was WITHOUT messages feature and it works good?

Those who agree please feel free to vote so this feature gets implemented.

Thanks

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Mohammad,

You can remove the Messages feature from the Team app by clicking on your name on the app's window > going to Settings > Advanced and making the appropriate selection.

Untitled
mohammadnoman
Mohammad N Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 11

Great thanks for this Smiley Happy

nknaresh
Naresh K Member Since: Oct 2, 2017
4 of 11

Hi,

I also want to disable message from app . but is there any option as such in upwork web application ?

Thanks

Naresh Kumar

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 11

Hi Naresh,

Yes, you can disable the Message window by following the steps I shared earlier on this thread or by clicking the x mark and closing the window.

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Mohammad,

You can remove the Messages feature from the Team app by clicking on your name on the app's window > going to Settings > Advanced and making the appropriate selection.

Untitled
nknaresh
Naresh K Member Since: Oct 2, 2017
6 of 11

Hi,

thankyou for your reply.

but i know that step to disable messages from desktop application , but i am looking option in upwork.com web application.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 11

Hi Naresh, 

Are you referring to the messages that pop up out of your browser? Could you please share a screen grab of your issue so that we can help you troubleshoot.

-Avery
Untitled
keshukeshvala
Keshu K Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
8 of 11

If I do this and person will reactivate this option then he/she can check all messages right? 

Is there any option where I can disable it permenantly and person/developer can not reactivate it from TemApp Desktop? 

My concern is all employees have messages we discuss with clients and rates and all privacy is lost. If you can give alternate way or completely remove messages from teamapp it is best for agencies. 

Look forward to your reply. 

nkocendova
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
9 of 11

Hi Keshu,

Your agency freelancers will receive messages as long as they are added to the room this messages are sent through. If a freelancer has an active contract with a client he or she will be included in the communication about the project. Additionally, if you are an agency owner, you can change their chat access privileges in the Staff and Permission settings. 

~Nina
keshukeshvala
Keshu K Member Since: Jul 20, 2017
10 of 11

Hi, Nina, It is not about access and rights but how can we prevent them to access messaging feature from DesktopApp? 

For example : We have discussed everything on messaging on Upwork with client and when we start Upwork App on desktop using same profile person can see messages right? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS