🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does Upwork have a policy on school / academi...
Page options
steve-d
Community Member

Does Upwork have a policy on school / academic projects and plagiarism?

Hi, a question I'm asking out of curiosity more than anything:

Does Upwork have a formal policy on people posting jobs that are part of a school or college project? I see quite a few jobs that are clearly asking freelancers to complete an assignment that is required for school, college or as part of some qualification. I flag them up (specifying "unethical or illegal", as I think it's clearly unethical) and then ignore them. I was just wondering if there was a formal Upwork policy on this.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Stephen D wrote:

Does Upwork have a formal policy on people posting jobs that are part of a school or college project? 

Yes, Upwork does have a policy against this and it is specified in the Terms of Service. Flag such contracts as inappropriate with the reason Other > Academic Fraud

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Stephen D wrote:

Does Upwork have a formal policy on people posting jobs that are part of a school or college project? 

Yes, Upwork does have a policy against this and it is specified in the Terms of Service. Flag such contracts as inappropriate with the reason Other > Academic Fraud

steve-d
Community Member

Thanks, that's good to know

I have asked the client if its an academic assignment, he is assuring that its an personal assignment because he do self study, Are we allowed to take on those assignments or should we still reject them?

Regards

50862ed4
Community Member

So thankful I found this thread easily, searching "college." Because it's so unethical and it's most of my feed these days. I'm off to report EVERYTHING.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members