cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my budget amount count for the entire job, or each individual freelancer?

jennifershaffer
Jennifer S Member Since: Aug 5, 2016
1 of 4

I am posting a job and want to hire multiple freelancers.  In the 'budget' field, should I enter the price for the entire job or should I enter my budget that I have for each freelancer? I'm assuming it's the former, but I'm short on funds and this isn't a risk that I'm willing to take. 

benoitlussier
Ace Contributor
Benoit L Member Since: May 16, 2016
2 of 4

Hello Jennifer, there is no set rule for that but most people will understand it as a budget per freelancer. The best way to avoid ambiguity is to mention it clearly in the job description.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 4

There is no consistency on this, but I would suggest that you post your budget per freelancer, because a freelancer who sees a larger number and then finds out that only a portion of it is his potential earnings may feel misled and you may start off on the wrong foot.

Know, though, that there's no actual risk associated with the budget you choose. You control how much you actually offer each freelancer when you choose them.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
4 of 4

I concur. Put the lower number and specify you need X freelancers, and the buget is per freelancer, in the description. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS