🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Does top freelancer actually mean anything.
Page options
kooshesh
Community Member

Does top freelancer actually mean anything.

* I did a test and hired one for a personal project.

* I gave them straightforward instructions on how to set up the theme I purchased for Shopify.  

* Top rated freelancer 99% jss

They completely ignored my instructions, removed all the stuff I wanted from the theme, and filled with generic garbo from alibaba instead of the images I had already uploaded. 

They did a poor job that Google marked the site as fraudulent when I connected it to google shopping.

In the end, I nuked everything they did (though they somehow got some plugin perma stuck in the site) and redid it all by hand myself. 

If this is a 99% JSS but all the badges and that's who you see when upwork boots up then it's no wonder when I finally get to a client he's burnt out, toxic, and demanding so much free stuff.

5 REPLIES 5
tjmisny
Community Member

I have had similar experiences as an Upwork client - top rated freelancers claiming they made work that they had nothing to do with, people who could barely communicate... etc.  I've also hired some utterly superb Freelancers who tell me they hadn't been hired in months.  No wonder clients are leaving!

kooshesh
Community Member

I simply wanted to see what Upwork thought was the difference between me and a 99% jss.

Now I just realize it's a gamed system and anyone over 80-90% is probably buying jobs to edge their score.

But not everyone. I didnt. 🙂

Account selling\renting was very popular before. Some peoples wasting lot of time to create fake and fill rating. Then rent it for money. But now noone will give a penny for account here. It was useless job who didnt rush to sell that bots at least for cheap. I think this one hired buy you purchaced an 100 accounts for $1 so dont care about any quality.

tjmisny
Community Member

100% here, never bought a job.  

%100 here. All legitimate, earned by blood sweat and tears. Yet sometimes clients prefer a 80 jss freelancer over me 🙂 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members