🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Does upwork bans such accounts who sends ...
Page options
fcde9100
Community Member

Does upwork bans such accounts who sends same proposal to every job posting?

Does sending a same 'well-written' proposal to a job-posting of a single skillset results in ban? I wondered that there are very less jobs of ruby on rails and  99% of them are same which means you've the same thing to say to this client. Does this gets your account ban? If yes, then what percentage of unique portion should be there in the two proposals?
Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Does sending a same 'well-written' proposal to a job-posting of a single skillset results in ban?"

As far as I know...

no.

No ban.

We used to talk about that a lot.

But since freelancers started paying for connects, I don't think that Upwork auto-bans proposals.

But it is still a bad idea to copy-and-paste job proposals.

I have never done that.

I have never had a job proposal template. Every proposal I send is typed from scratch.

re: "I wondered that there are very less jobs of ruby on rails and  99% of them are same which means"

That simply isn't true.

Ruby on Rails is a programming language.

It is not a job.

No client posts a job simply for a freelancer to use Ruby on Rails. Jobs are always intended to accomplish something.

re: "you've the same thing to say to this client."

You might. Your more successful competitors might have a more effective strategy for applying to jobs.

re: "Does this gets your account ban?"

We really did talk about that in years past, and I think accounts could indeed get banned for excessive copy-and-paste job proposals. Is that still the case now? I doubt it, but it's possible. Some of those quality control algorithms aren't publicized widely by Upwork.

re: "If yes, then what percentage of unique portion should be there in the two proposals"

Nobody is going to give you a number.

Your problem is that you think job proposals are about you. They're not.

When a client posts a job, she does not care about you. Your job proposal isn't supposed to be about you.

Your job proposal should be about three things:

- the client

- the client's job

- how you will make the client's life better by working on this job

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul,

I suggest checking out this help article to learn more about the actions our Trust & Safety team does.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members