🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Doing more work for client, but without payin...
Page options
milanchek
Community Member

Doing more work for client, but without paying?

Hello everyone!!

I have one contract, I finished all that was supposed to do (floor plans and elevations), but client is asking for 3d renderings of house. I explained him that I can make renderings, but that is other service. I didn't mention prices, but I think he wants that for free. Normal design, and what he asked for, includes simple 3d views of house, not renderings. I mean I can make simple renders quickly, but problem is that he will treat me like slave. And if I reject he can try to dispute, or leave me bad review. I have right for one feedback removal, but... I don't want to judge, but this one is scarry and rude. I'm not clever in this case. Normally, when client asks for additional service, they always accept the rules, with or without extending the contract.  

I know that I shouldn't work for free, etc. but this one is driving me insane. 

Thanks for your suggestions!! 

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Milan R wrote:

I have one contract, I finished all that was supposed to do (floor plans and elevations), but client is asking for 3d renderings of house. I explained him that I can make renderings, but that is other service.

Why don't you simply answer him cheerfully that you'll be happy to do the 3D Renderings and the cost for them would be $ XXX

Then the client can either create a milestone or decide he doesn't need renders after all.

Okay, thanks!! 

Ps. one more thing, which review I should ask for removal from my JSS calculation and job history? I mean how low numerically I can leave the note? 

Milan R wrote:

I mean how low numerically I can leave the note? 

What do you mean? Has the client left poor feedback? Why do you think he will?

I would not worry so much about the numbers, a 4.6 with a not so great text is worse than a 4 with great text.

Milan R wrote:

Okay, thanks!! 

Ps. one more thing, which review I should ask for removal from my JSS calculation and job history? I mean how low numerically I can leave the note? 

Milan:

You have a JSS of 100% and one recent job where you were given a 4.8 rating.  Why would you want to use your 1x perk for every 10 jobs/ 3 months?  The 4.8 job may decrease your JSS by 1 or 2 percentage points.

I would not use it.

Just my 2 cents.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members