🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Drop Service and profile description concerns
Page options
cf206cfe
Community Member

Drop Service and profile description concerns

Hi,

I'm new here on Upwork.

I would start a business with Drop Service model, so I have some questions about your terms of service.

Drop Service consists in offering services of specific niches, acting as a middleman between the Client and the Freelancer who does the work. 

My job consists in finding a Freelancer to collaborate with who does the best work for the Client. So personally I don't have the skill of the service that I'm offering, but I'd cooperate with a good Freelancer who has them.

My question is: how can I explain in my description that matter and what should I tell to my client?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You would get suspended. 

If you want to have an agency on upwork, all agency members need to be freelancers on upwork. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Why would a freelancer agree to this arrangement? It has absolutely no advantages for him/her, assuming you are not planning to do that for free. 

Because I'd increase the Freelancer traffic and I'd offer the best work to the Client.

So I get paid for this connection as the middleman.

petra_r
Community Member

That's not how Upwork works.

Emanuele S wrote:

Because I'd increase the Freelancer traffic

What in the world does that even mean? You mean you'd bring more freelancers? You do understand that Upwork is literally drowning in freelancers, with the vast majority never earning a single Dollar?

Emanuele S wrote:

So I get paid for this connection as the middleman.

How's that working out for you? It isn't really something that would work on Upwork.

cf206cfe
Community Member

I intended to increase the number of clients for the Freelancer I would work with and he's not on Upwork.

I give value to the client offering a quality service as an agency that connects the Freelancer with the Client.

There is no need to heat up a lot. I could have started without even saying anything, but instead I came here to inquire politely.

There are some blogs that talk about this business model with Upwork and I'd like know more about how to set up the profile description.

If I can write in the profile description that I collab with Freelancers who do the work on my behalf, listing the services that I offer. Or I'd get suspended.

petra_r
Community Member

You would need to complete your profile in full, and then create an agency and add your freelancer(s) to that agency. Then clients can hire you freelancer through your agency.

Emanuele S wrote:

If I can write in the profile description that I collab with Freelancers who do the work on my behalf, listing the services that I offer.

You are categorically NOT allowed to offer anyone else's services on your own profile other than your own.

Emanuele S wrote:

I intended to increase the number of clients for the Freelancer I would work with and he's not on Upwork.

He'd have to be.

Emanuele S wrote:

I give value to the client offering a quality service as an agency that connects the Freelancer with the Client.

What's in it for the client that the client can't get from the literally Millions of other freelancers they can hire directly? Is your freelancer some kind of rare expert in some highly in demand niche?

You would get suspended. 

If you want to have an agency on upwork, all agency members need to be freelancers on upwork. 

If you already know a group of freelancers on upwork, you could create an agency. But again, most freelancers don't need anybody to look through job postings for them, because only they know their expertise. 

There is no incentive that I can see why successful freelancers should join an agency and earn less than they do before and most clients don't want to work with agencies. 

In any case, you can't do this with a regular freelancer account, because you need to do the work you are offering to do yourself. 

Maybe you can try this on a different platform, but not on upwork. 

cf206cfe
Community Member

Thanks for clarifications, have a good day.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members