🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Dutch VAT nr not accepted
Page options
emmavde
Community Member

Dutch VAT nr not accepted

Hello!
I tried a few times to enter my VAT number (I work in The Netherlands) but the system won't accept it. I am sure I am doing it all right - the format, country, name are all right. Do you have any idea what I need to do now?

Emma
26 REPLIES 26
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emma,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I am having exactly the same issue. Not sure why my Dutch VAT number is not accepted.

Regards,

Thank you for reaching out to us, Demmy Honore.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I have this exact same problem right now. Could I also get some assistance with this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kaj

Hi Kaj,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Kaj (and others),

Even though your records are up to date with the KVK. The KVK does not proactively communicate new company names or other changes to the tax office. So the tax office (and thus also: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/?locale=nl - which Upwork uses for checking your company records) still will have the initial company data as when you registered your company. 

The way to solve this is to call with your tax office and to ask them to update their records! 

Good luck!

Community Member

Hi, Bojan!

I have the same issue (Dutch VAT-ID is not accepted), could you help me, please?

Aigul

Hi Aigul,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
smarandeshmukh
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I see my VAT number on the European VIES website but upwork is not accepting that VAT number. Could I get some assistance?

Hi Smaran,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork
7538c3b7
Community Member

Same here. The links provide above to open a ticket dont really work

Hi Maarten,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8f10f4e5
Community Member

Hi, I'm also not able to add Dutch VAT, keep getting 'not approved', any help?

Hi Ilya, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6864bfce
Community Member

Same issue here, tried again - no luck so far.

Hi Meindert,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
d0821e00
Community Member

Hello team Upwork, can I also get a support ticket? I have the same issue, got the correct Dutch VAT number but the system doesn't accept it. Thank you for your help.

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Stephen,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
14f9fdd8
Community Member

I seem to have the same issue. Note that I'm registered as a freelancer in the Netherlands, but my company name is not my personal name (which is quite common... at least here in the Netherlands). This was an issue when I tried to add my business bank account as well. Maybe that plays a role here as well?

My VAT number checks out fine on https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/?locale=nl

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Michel,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page with more information and further assistance with your VAT ID concern.

~ Arjay
Upwork
14f9fdd8
Community Member

To any other freelancers finding this: it was just as I thought. If you lookup my VAT number, you only see my business name and not my personal name. Upwork needed proof that this business is actually mine.

63be9168
Community Member

Dear Upwork,

I'm also experiencing issues with my VAT number, which won't be accepted by Upwork. Could I get some assistance as well please?

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Pieter,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d855c1a1
Community Member

Hi

I have the same problem. Can you help me please 

ArjayM
Community Member

Hi Mahdi,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon with more information and to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi! I Have the same issue. How did you resolve it?

Aigul

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members