🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Earnings available stays on $0
Page options
nathalievberkom
Community Member

Earnings available stays on $0

Hello,

I have a problem with getting paid. I was sent a proposal for a job, I accepted the proposal and
After the job was done I got a confirmation that I got paid, yet there is no money appearing in my account (earnings available is zero).

What is going wrong? And how can this be fixed?

In the attached photo, you can see that there is a paid contract but no money in my account.

I also don’t understand what a milestone is. Do i have to do something with a milestone to get paid? It is all very unclear explained on the website.
2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Nathalie V wrote:
Hello,

I have a problem with getting paid. I was sent a proposal for a job, I accepted the proposal and
After the job was done I got a confirmation that I got paid, yet there is no money appearing in my account (earnings available is zero).

What is going wrong? And how can this be fixed?

In the attached photo, you can see that there is a paid contract but no money in my account.

I also don’t understand what a milestone is. Do i have to do something with a milestone to get paid? It is all very unclear explained on the website.

You had a fixed-price job and your client paid the amount due into an escrow fund. When you delivered the work, your client paid you. The amount goes into pending for a few days until it is cleared by Upwork after about five or six days, and then it will go into your Upwork account. 

Go to "Reports" on your home page and you will see what stage your money is at. 

You really should read all the help pages before working on Upwork to understand the different payment methods, which you will find here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063418-Hourly-vs-Fixed-Price-Projects

And another useful thread is this one: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2

ETA: If you submitted the work, and no money is showing under "Reports", then your client has still not released the funds yet. Upwork automatically releases theme to you after 14 days. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nathalie,

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). That means they are currently subjected to a standard five-day security period and will become available for withdrawal as shown under the date details. The 5-day security period allows the system to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members