cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational degree does not exist in drop down menu in profile

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
21 of 32

Hi Talina,

In that case you can correctly specify your degree in that Area of Study since the field is editable.

Jesse L Member Since: Jan 24, 2017
22 of 32

I have a Master of Industrial Design (M.I.D.) degree. It isn't an M.A. or M.F.A. in Industrial Design - this wouldn't really accurately represent my degree in name or substance. Why isn't this field editable?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
23 of 32

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us. I'll forward it to the team. Meanwhile, you can use "Area of Study" field to specify your degree as that field is editable.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Cy W Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
24 of 32

Would it be possible for Upwork to add to their educational offerings?  Is that impossible?

I've read all the workarounds - and none of them meet basic needs.  Someone looking for legal help will look to see if a contractor went to law school.  Can we add a JD and BS?  

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
25 of 32

Hi Cy, 

I checked and you should be able to select the Bachelor of Science degree. For Juris Doctor, I'll share this with the team so that they can include it in the drop-down list. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.03.31 AM.png

-Avery
Untitled
Edward M Member Since: Mar 31, 2017
26 of 32

It's also possible to choose some degree types from the drop down and then write your specific title in the area of study. (The area of study is both a drop down and an editable text field, so you can write exactly what your degree was in).

2017-03-31_10-39-24.jpg

Sam F Member Since: Nov 11, 2017
27 of 32

Clearly this is an ongoing issue, but I'm having the same problem. Coming from New Zealand, our degrees are often called different things. I can't enter that I have a Bachelor of Nursing, or a Postgraduate Certificate, or a Postgraduate Diploma. 

It would be good if there was an option that if you type in exactly what you're after, and it's not available, there is a) an option to alert Upwork so that they can see if there were common qualifications that aren't on the list, or b) there was a suggestion for how others searching for the same qualification had listed themselves.

Cheers.

Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
28 of 32

Hello Sam,

Thank you for sharing us your opinion. Please be reminded that we are working continuously to improve our system. Feel free to send us a feedback by logging in to your account and click the Feedback button at the bottom-most part of the page. Thank you!

Untitled
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
29 of 32

Sam, a bachelors of nursing is called a BSN in Nursing in the US.  Try that.  I also have a paralegal certificate which I added under "Other".  Hope this helps.

John Z Member Since: Sep 14, 2018
30 of 32

i can do it

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS