Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Stephane Kasriel - And A New Status Page

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
1 of 21

A few minutes ago my Inbox got an email from Upwork, with the sender showing as Stephane Kasriel.

This email went over the down time that the site experienced during the days of September 7-10, and the reasons why the site was slow / unavailable.  The details in this email are not particularly  disimiliar from the forum posts made by Hayden Brown, VP of Product (here, if you haven't seen them).

However, a new page announcment is inside this email, and it's a shiny new Upwork Status Page.  Don't forget to bookmark this!

https://status.upwork.com/

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
2 of 21

Finally! That must have been requested by members over a thousand times! Information under the "Resolved" tab should be of great help.

Ron aka LanWanMan
blastofflabs
Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
3 of 21

I just received the email from Upwork's CEO that has been mentioned earlier today. It's apologetic, humble, and takes responsibility for the problems.  Although he should have sent it out sooner, you have to give the guy credit for apologizing, acknowledging the problems, and taking responsibility for it. 

I wish he would now come out and explain to us in plain English, why they are killing the eLance platform which everyone loves, and forcing freelancers onto the Upwork platform which is like jumping from a Mercedes to a Fiat. This change is a huge mystery and it appears to me to have been a decision made for venture capital or investment reasons, versus from good business fundamentals. I would enjoy learning otherwise, or at least knowing WHY they are doing it.

But hey, his letter was a big step in the right direction! I hope it represents a turning point where Upwork will be forthcoming instead of opaque.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 21

It's the new political move which has been adopted by all the CEOs - it is just lead soldiers. All the head honchos have done it. From Obama to Hollande and a few in between - notably one who has just been re-elected. 

"Hey guys, I am really sorry, and yes I should have done it another way, but look you're stuck with me so let's dance, yeah?"

Problem - humble schumble or not, we're still stuck with the message system and Pinocchio . . .

screeler
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
5 of 21

they coulda asked me to write it..... i'm hurt and dismayed. 😞 

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
6 of 21

I really wish he would have sent out a blanket email warning us about the upwork-elance merger, before it was done, and asked for input on features we find useful.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 21

The cost, Cathleen - the cost!  And he doesn't want input features . . . humble people don't do guilt . . . 😉

lanwanman
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
8 of 21

Hi Steve! Maybe because the Fiat gets better gas mileage?

Ron aka LanWanMan
natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
9 of 21

I got the same email and noticed the Status link. Finally!

cclapper
Community Guru
Cathleen C Member Since: Aug 17, 2015
10 of 21

I got the same email and noticed the Status link. Finally!

Hope it works better than the rest of the site.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS