cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ended Contract: Need to Change Amount

cathryng

Hi all,

Once I completed a job this afternoon, I ended the hourly contract. However, the amount needs to be reduced from what it is showing the client. Is there any way to do this?

Can we even cancel the original hourly job that I ended so it does not charge his card and then set up a fixed price job instead?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "That has been one way the client and I have discussed to solve the issue. However, I was wondering if there might be another way that would be faster."

Issuing a refund this way is pretty fast.

And because the contract is closed now, there really isn't any other way to do it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Guru

You don't need a new contract.

You can issue a refund on the closed contract.

Calculate the amount you actually want to charge (for example: $50)

Then look at the amount you DID charge (for example: $75)

Then subtract the first number from the second number (for example: $75 - $50 = $25)

Issue a REFUND for the difference.

You indicated that it was an hourly contract.  Go into the work diary and delete the hours that you did not mean to charge for.  Do it before Sunday, as the timesheet will go to the client on Monday.

Mary, thanks for also responding. Yes, it was an hourly contract. The issue is that the job has already been ended.

@Mary W wrote:

You indicated that it was an hourly contract.  Go into the work diary and delete the hours that you did not mean to charge for.  Do it before Sunday, as the timesheet will go to the client on Monday.

She closed the contract. It is not possible to access the work diary from the freelancer's side or make any changes once the contract is closed

Preston, thanks for responding. That has been one way the client and I have discussed to solve the issue. However, I was wondering if there might be another way that would be faster.  

re: "That has been one way the client and I have discussed to solve the issue. However, I was wondering if there might be another way that would be faster."

Issuing a refund this way is pretty fast.

And because the contract is closed now, there really isn't any other way to do it.

View solution in original post

cathryng

Hi all,

This happened last Monday, so I'm assuming funds will be released this Friday?

The funds have not been released and are still showing under "In Review" on my log.

The client has already requested a refund. Should I accept the refund before being paid?

Just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

Thanks again! Cathryn

@Cathryn S wrote:

The client has already requested a refund. Should I accept the refund before being paid?

Just want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

Yes, If you feel you need to refund accept the request.

Expect a severe impact on your Job Success Score when you get a JSS...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS