Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ended contract due to communication issues

neha93517
Neha S Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
11 of 24
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying. Smiley Happy
The 4.0 rating was after the JSS update. And I'm not aware of the perk you mentioned above . Can you please enlighten me regarding it ?
tgstudio
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
12 of 24

@Neha S wrote:
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying. Smiley Happy
The 4.0 rating was after the JSS update. And I'm not aware of the perk you mentioned above . Can you please enlighten me regarding it ?

Here is the information about it:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228?flash_digest=6791aa578092af1cf0efc66ff87f677d...

neha93517
13 of 24
Thank you Amy 🙂
I was reading what I could find. The contract I just ended might effect my job success score so should I use the perk before it can affect my JSS( because if my jss updates now then there's a chance that I'll loose my top rated badge) . What should I do?
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 24

@Neha S wrote:
Thank you Amy 🙂
I was reading what I could find. The contract I just ended might effect my job success score so should I use the perk before it can affect my JSS( because if my jss updates now then there's a chance that I'll loose my top rated badge) . What should I do?

It's a pain because that 4.0 could affect you too, depending on the private feedback. So you won't know (on Sunday) which contract caused the drop....

How positive (or not) do you think either client's private feedback was in the end? Which will have left worse private feedback? That's the one you want to lose.

neha93517
15 of 24
The contract I ended , that client doesn't have any way he can mess with my feedback. (Except for the private comment) on the other hand the 4.0 rating one can affect me -vely in the next JSS update. I think Last update resulted in JSS drop because one client paused the contract without any reason. I don't know what should I do .
Should I wait till the next update or at least till this client send his private feedback
researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
16 of 24

@Neha S wrote:
The contract I ended , that client doesn't have any way he can mess with my feedback. (Except for the private comment) on the other hand the 4.0 rating one can affect me -vely in the next JSS update. I think Last update resulted in JSS drop because one client paused the contract without any reason. I don't know what should I do .
Should I wait till the next update or at least till this client send his private feedback

Neha,

I can't be certain, but your statement sounds as if you are discounting the absolutely most important factor in the JSS: private client feedback—it's not a "comment," it's a rating on a ten-point scale. As I understand it, our JSS does not take a hit from our closing contracts per se; it does take a hit if the circumstances that precipitated the closure also lead the client to rate us poorly in private.

I believe we have a short window for requesting removal of feedback immediately after losing top-rated status. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along to confirm or contradict, and clarify whether any such provision applies to you. [edited to add: ...likely not if for no other reason than the time elapsed since the post I'm replying to.]

Best,

Michael

neha93517
17 of 24
Hi everyone I'm back with another question.
My JSS is up again but I'm confused as it didn't earn me the top rated badge back.
How does it work ?
Please help.
Thank you.
petra_r
Community Guru
18 of 24

@Neha S wrote:
Hi everyone I'm back with another question.
My JSS is up again but I'm confused as it didn't earn me the top rated badge back.
How does it work ?
Please help.
Thank you.

Hi Neha,

On your "My Stats" page, what does it say for "Top Rated eligible weeks?"

neha93517
19 of 24
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying this quick Smiley Happy
It's 14 out of 16 eligible weeks . Which is why I'm concerned.
petra_r
Community Guru
20 of 24

@Neha S wrote:
Hi Petra
Thank you for replying this quick Smiley Happy
It's 14 out of 16 eligible weeks . Which is why I'm concerned.

Hmmmm, in that case I would give it a day or two, and see if it pops back up. I assume there is a zero against "recent account holds?"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS