🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Error. The ability to top up the balance is c...
Page options
bb6b82f5
Community Member

Error. The ability to top up the balance is closed

The ability to top up the balance through an agency profile is closed.

I tried through the "Connection History" section. There, I got the following result. ( The button was inactive. ) 

1111.png

I also tried three times (with a difference in days) to top up through settings. And I constantly get the following result.

1212122.png

13131313.png

  

Please help me resolve this issue. And thank you in advance for your assistance 😃

9 REPLIES 9
khushbu_gohil
Community Member

Have you check your payment is connected 🤔? Or it's another big of Upwork?

Yes, I've checked the payment method - the card works fine as it allowed me to top up my personal balance. However, I'm encountering issues specifically with the agency balance.

1414.png

Hmmm, it's might be bug 🤔 on Upwork side...have you contacted support?

Not yet, but could you please share the contact? Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it.

LuiggiR

Hi Julia,

Thank you for reaching out. I'd like to confirm that there are no issues with your account. The reason why you can't purchase Connects or add a billing method to do so is that you're an exclusive agency member. 

Agency members who are exclusive work on Upwork only as part of the agency. This is the most common type of agency relationship. Your profile and proposals are branded with the agency to make the agency’s part in the work relationship clear to clients. All proposals you submit are charged against the agency's Connects balance and we pay out all contract payments to the agency. You can learn more about the differences between exclusive and non-exclusive members in this article

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bb6b82f5
Community Member

Thank you for the response. Could you please advise on what specifically needs to be done to become an exclusive agency member?

Hi Julia,

Considering this is your agency, you should be able to update your membership status by going to the Membership & Permissions agency settings page. You should see "Exclusive" right next to your name; if you click that, you should be able to update it. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bb6b82f5
Community Member

bb6b82f5_0-1711728935401.png

Do you mean I need to raise this plan?

Hi Julia,

If you wish to change your membership exclusivity, upgrading your membership plan will not be necessary. You may go to Settings> Members & Permission> Click on "Non-exclusive" beside your name; from there, you can update to "Exclusive". Please see this screenshot for your reference.

Let us know if you need further assistance; we'll look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members