🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Explain connects refund
Page options
magnumrex24
Community Member

Explain connects refund

How bidding works You'll be charged your bid if the client interacts with your proposal, or you're one of the top 4 bidders by the time the auction closes. You'll be refunded your bid if you're outbid from the top 4 slots before the client interacts with your proposal.

I am never in the top 4 and I never get any connects back. Does that mean you have to bid to be in the top 4 and get pushed out to get them back?

This whole system with connects is a money grab and scam.

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

I never boosting so have no problems with refunds. Is enough for me to waste 16 connects for each fake.

ArjayM

Hi Frank,

For Boosted Proposals, please remember no Connects refunds will be issued for Boosted Proposals that receive an eligible interaction or are successfully boosted at the end of the auction.

If you boost, but are knocked out of the auction before receiving an eligible interaction, you will not be charged. Refunds are only issued if you bid for a job that we end up removing due to a Terms of Service violation. You’ll be refunded both the boosted Connects and the cost of submitting the proposal.

~ Arjay
Upwork
tlsanders
Community Member

This doesn't make sense. Why would you boost a proposal but bid less than the lowest bid in the current top four? That's the only possible way you could boost and never be in the top four.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members