cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bank is saying, we are

freelancerdev
Kalpana P Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
1 of 19
Hello Everyone, I am freelancer from India and transferring my funds using Local Fund transfer method available in oDesk. Can anyone guide me if we can get FIRC certificate from any where regarding this fund transfers in India? Thank you! Kalpana
testsandeep
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
2 of 19
Hello, I searched for FIRC. May be this link will give an idea. http://www.caclubindia.com/forum/firc-foreign-inward-remittance-certificate--13406.asp#.U6ZmeZSSzhc
ffonollera
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
3 of 19
You get it from your bank. You'll need that documentation for service tax exemption.
freelancerdev
Kalpana P Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 19
The bank is saying, we are getting INR so won't be able to provide FIRC. now from where to get it?
testsandeep
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
5 of 19
If bank is receiving money in INR then why is FIRC required. I think it will not be necessary.
nitinsharma91
Ace Contributor
Nitin Kumar S Member Since: Jun 9, 2014
6 of 19
[quote=Kalpana P.]The bank is saying, we are getting INR so won't be able to provide FIRC. now from where to get it?[/quote] Since you are withdrawing your funds using LFT transfer, which is credited to your bank account via NEFT transfer so there can't be any FIRC for this. Funds are transferred from JP Morgan Chase (India branch) to your bank, which is a local transfer cleared through NEFT transaction system.
scholastic_works
Vinay D Member Since: Dec 15, 2015
7 of 19

Hi Kalpana,

Did you find a solution to this problem?

For claiming exemption under Service Tax (export) we need a FIRC.

FIRC is a proof that the earning was in foreing currency.

Now, the bank does not provide the FIRC since they receive the funds in INR from either Western Union (Elance) or ODesk (Upwork) via NEFT. Therefore, the bank says, since they are not the ones involved in conversion from USD to INR, they cannot provide FIRC.

How to obtain this document then?

If you or someone in the community has found an effective solution, please be kind to share and oblige.

Best,

Vinay

arunshrma817
ARUN S Member Since: Sep 22, 2016
8 of 19

Hello Vinay

I am facing same problem as you.  Did you find the solution ?

Thanks

vdsramguptakandu
V D S Ram Gupta K Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
9 of 19

Did any one find a solution for same. I am facing the same issue.

inoactiv
Ace Contributor
Angad S Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
10 of 19

as per GST law and save 18% tax we need this document (FIRC) to proof that payment came from abroad and what paid in foreign currency. hence it will qualify for export of service and payments from upwork will qualify for exempt from tax.

Has any body found a solution. Also does any one knows which bank is used by Upwork to transfer money to India.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS