🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake Profiles and Companies
Page options
e1089383
Community Member

Fake Profiles and Companies

Hi All,

I would like to make all freelancers aware of a company offering work on UpWork using their fake profiles.

If a anyone contacts you from a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines** do not do work for them as they will not pay you.  Maybe initially they will pay you, but when the contract is coming to an end, they will not pay for the last few weeks of work. So you will get robbed.

I have been robbed by them for close to $2000

They will ask you to do attend interviews and secure the job using profiles for **Edited for Community Guidelines** Some of these profiles have fake LinkedIn ccounts too.

just be aware.

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

This names mean nothing, it is random.

What do you mean random?   I did work for these people on UpWork and I''ve reported them to UpWork. The UpWork team is currently dealing with my report.

Thre is nothing random about my post. My post is as true as it gets. My only aim with my post is to inform other developers on UpWork to not fall in the same trap as I have.

It mean that tomorrow this Michael will be registered as John, or Nick, or Asheen. 

Yes you are right. Sorry.

But not Asheen. Ashen is my profile and I;m a real person . I am in contact with UpWork Team to resolve the issues of non-payment from those other fake profiles. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members