🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help - Didn't receive invites for new jobs
Page options
c8608756
Community Member

Help - Didn't receive invites for new jobs

Hello,

I have been using Upwork for about 8 months and I'm a top rated freelancer. 

Despite submitting numerous proposals, I've hit a dry spell over the last 3 months with no offers or invitations coming my way. I'm actively seeking advice on strategies to enhance my visibility and attract more invitations from potential clients.

Does anyone have insights or tips that could help boost my engagement on Upwork?

4 REPLIES 4
celgins
Community Member

Keenan,

You're experiencing the same decline in proposal responses and invitations many freelancers have seen over the past year or more. There are multiple reasons why this might be happening, but increasing a freelancer's visibility is tricky. Some steps (e.g., profile boosting, proposal boosting, etc.) works for some freelancers and fails miserably for others. Plus, the Upwork marketplace is unpredictable and freelancers never know all the factors that contribute to declining visibility.

Your profile looks good, but I think your overview/summary should offer more details about your services and your process for providing those services. You give really good background and skill information, but I think clients will find additional value in examples (services) and what it's like to work with you.

Here's my recommendation for examples:

Driven, autodidactic, and analytical individual with more than a decade of hands-on experience in software development. I possess a demonstrated track record of designing, building, and launching comprehensive native and/or hybrid iOS & Android mobile applications that prioritize user experience and efficient back-end architecture. I can design and build a variety of mobile apps like e-commerce, games, financial, utility, educational, travel, productivity, entertainment, communication/chat, and others.

A few more things I would add to your overview/summary:

1) You mention: "I am adept at effectively handling multiple projects throughout the entire software development process, thriving in demanding circumstances to meet strict timelines."  This is great, and I would go further by mentioning the importance of working with clients during the software development process (SDLC) and how you communicate weekly/bi-weekly/monthly, etc., and gather feedback to ensure the final product meets their needs.

2) I would highlight one or two app development projects you have worked on and your accomplishments: (i.e., What kind of app did you design/build? Who was it designed/built for? What was the objective of the app you designed/built?)

Keep in mind that clients can see the first 200-250 characters of your summary when searching for freelancers, and when your profile preview appears in their Invite Freelancers list. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. Make sure those first two sentences keep their attention long enough to convince them to click.

You should also consider adding a project catalog; it's another tool that might help increase visibility. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

If you have the Connects to spend, I encourage you to keep trying because you definitely have the background and expertise to deliver quality results for clients.

c8608756
Community Member

Thank you Clark

c8608756
Community Member

celgins
Community Member

Very nice.

I like the example app development projects provided. I think this goes a long way to help clients see ability to design, create, and implement a fully functioning mobile app.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members