🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake job postings and accounts on Upwork wast...
Page options
duoweb_pro
Community Member

Fake job postings and accounts on Upwork wasting connects?

I noticed there's a lot of fake job postings and new profiles on Upwork everyday that's looking attractive?
For example see this one **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I spent all my remaining connects to boost, and took about an hour putting together milestones, a cover letter and researching the Tiktok API for this.

Plus we don't have plenty time to search for similar jobs and check around to see if it's spam, otherwise we will come back to the job with 50+ proposals when we're done, anyone get what I'm saying?

But after further inspection I realized that there were other similar job postings with no hires.

I lost a lot of connects like this since these updates were released.

Is any thought being put into this?

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Ronnie,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I understand your frustration related to fake job postings. Our platform is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for job seekers and employers. We have a zero-tolerance policy for any fraudulent or inappropriate activity on our site. We have a Trust & Safety team that is constantly scanning the site for any signs of misuse. We also have a team of moderators who check every job posting and profile to verify their authenticity. However, we also depend on our users to report anything that seems suspicious or violates our terms of service. Please feel free to use the "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members