🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake jobs
Page options
f895566a
Community Member

Fake jobs

Why Upwork allow pepole to paste Job Requests without any control? A lot of freelance loss content and the job open forever. Pls advice
4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Re: Fake Jobs: Why does Upwork allow people to post Job Requests without any control?"

Because it would be very expensive for Upwork to check up on or vet job postings in any way other than through the very simple, automated methods that are used now (such as looking for specific key words or phrases indicating problematic intentions).

Upwork saves money because it has very few "control" regarding what job postings are posted, and who posts them.

Upwork relies on its users (freelancers) to report problematic and fraudulent job postings.

If Upwork did this itself, then its current business model would be untenable, and it would not be able to provide all the great jobs that I earn money from.

Thanks for explaining.
pudingstudio
Community Member

Doron A wrote:
Why Upwork allow pepole to paste Job Requests without any control? A lot of freelance loss content and the job open forever. Pls advice

Clients are looking for a freelancer which suits their needs.

Sometimes, they find none.
Sometimes they find one. Sometimes that is you.

Beware that, me personally, can't advice you as I'm not positive that I understood your post.
Allowed myself to react to the my interpretation of your writing.

calvo_juan
Community Member

I think Upwork is refunding connects now if a job expires or is closed without anyone being hired.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members