🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fake jobs?
Page options
ovdesigner
Community Member

Fake jobs?

Recently i have been applied for too many projects at least 50-60. And none of them have wrote me back, and after a few days i got this messages "A job that you submitted a proposal for, bla bla bla, has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived."

Guys how is it possible that all of them have been archived?

And why then no one returns me back my connects?????? I keep loading connects like crazy and nothing happens. I really start to think that 90% of jobs here are fake.

I have a top rated badge and 100% job success badges but still no projects.

6 REPLIES 6
e3784ac6
Community Member

Olga V wrote:

Recently i have been applied for too many projects at least 50-60. And none of them have wrote me back

First off, it is very possible to submit tons of proposals and not get a reply, submitting proposals is not a guarantee of getting hired, heck even being interviewed isn't a guarantee.

Olga V wrote:

and after a few days i got this messages "A job that you submitted a proposal for, bla bla bla, has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived."

I do not think all of them have been archived, you are supposed to receive a notification for each and every job once it is archived.

And why then no one returns me back my connects?????? I keep loading connects like crazy and nothing happens. I really start to think that 90% of jobs here are fake.

If you do have a Top-rated badge and 100% Job Success Score, I'd like to think you'd know more about how the platform works. You only get refunded connects if the client closes the job or if the job violates Upwork's ToS, you don't get a refund for archived jobs. 

I wish you better luck and hope you don't give up, and I know that while there are indeed "scam jobs", a good portion of jobs posted on Upwork aren't scam jobs. Again, Good luck!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Olga V wrote:

Recently i have been applied for too many projects at least 50-60. And none of them have wrote me back, and after a few days i got this messages "A job that you submitted a proposal for, bla bla bla, has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived."

I would be concerned if the proposals were NOT archived. They are all archived when the client hires someone and closes the job posting, or the job expires. 

So your premise is - when you don't get hired, the jobs must be fake?

roberty1y
Community Member

It's just hard to get work, that's all. If you're sending out more unsuccessful proposals than before, it's probably because there's more competition now. You get your connects back if a job turned out to be some kind of scam, and you also get free connects if you message back any client who responds to your proposal, even if you don't get the job.

cassajoy
Community Member

I have received a handful of emails just in the last week where a job was closed because it violated the Terms of Service. These jobs had a mix of descriptions and payment verified status. It slightly concerns me, though I keep going because I'd love for UpWork to work out for me. 🙂

It is also interesting that you would have an 100% success rate yet no projects.

Sorry - I guess I am not helping, just adding my two cents. Do you receive an email about these closed jobs? I noticed that the email notification shows a little more information than the internal notification here on UpWork.

annasaarinen
Community Member

I think it's possible you've applied to fake jobs.

I've come across a company this week that posts multiple new job posts daily. At first sight everything looks good, the job descriptions sound good, their budgets are good - although their budget range is larger than most. They've hired before and gotten good reviews too.

The first red flag is that they've added a link, or sometimes several links, to their website in the job description, and at least in my opinion their website isn't really up to today's standards. Then you notice that the same company has 100 active job posts on Upwork and I've not seen them interview or hire anyone on any of them. The job posts all have links to the same website.

I'm assuming that 100 job posts is the maximum that a company can publish on Upwork, so as they are posting multiple new ones every day, they must be deleting older ones to make space. That's where freelancers would be notified that a job they applied to was closed.

I don't know what they're after, posting so many job posts. But I don't believe they are out to hire 100 freelancers or more! Maybe their goal is to drive traffic to their site? I've started flagging all of their job posts that I come across and I can only hope that others are doing the same. I'm fed up with their job posts flooding my Upwork feed every day that I check for new job listings. And I feel sad when every day I see that 50+ people apply to all the jobs they post...

Hi Anna,

Could you also share the job post URL with me once you notice the same company? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members